Full Day Private Tour: Essence of Bahrain
Take an 8-hour guided tour through beautiful Bahrain. Explore the Taste, culture, history, architecture, and more with this private tour through the city. Stop by to taste the Bahraini Sweets famous sites and monuments like Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House, Al Fateh Grand Mosque, Bahrain National Museum, Bait Al-Qur’an Museum, Bahrain Fort, and Manama Souq. Take your time to enjoy experiencing Essence of Bahrain.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- License Tour Guide
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shaikh Isa bin Ali House, Shaikh Abdulla Avenue, Al Muharraq Bahrain
View the traditional Arab design style where each room directly overlooks an open courtyard and wind tower. The house represents the 19th-century construction style using local materials like coral stone, mortar, and palm tree trunks. Look out the antique windows, decorated in ventilated gypsum geometrical designs for which Bahrain was well known.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Muharraq souq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Visit Muharraq Sweetshop, Hussain Mohammed Showaiter Sweets is a local dessert shop that requires no introduction. Hussain Mohammed Showaiter Sweets has become an integral part of Bahrain’s history, heritage and culture. Popular amongst everyone in the Gulf region, the sweet house is famous for its “Halwa Showaiter”, packed with nuts in a jelly-like consistency.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al-Fatih Mosque (Great Mosque), Al Fatih Highway, Manama Bahrain
This is the first mosque in the region to open to tourists and is the largest mosque on the island. The exquisite Bahraini architecture, crowned by the world’s largest fibreglass dome, is one to see. Since the mosque is blessed with tranquillity reserved for the holiest of holy places, it is important to dress modestly and remove footwear before entering. Women should cover their head.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Bahrain National Museum, Al Fatih Highway, Manama Bahrain
Walkthrough a wonderful collection of exhibits, from contemporary Bahraini paintings, sculptures and ceramics, to scenes depicting life in the Dilmun civilization of 6000 years ago, and even a reconstructed burial mound, complete with the skeleton.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Qal'at al-Bahrain, Karbabad Area Seef District, Manama Bahrain
A 16th-century fort built by the Portuguese. The area where it is located is known as Qalat Al Bahrain with lots of hidden history of Dilmun Civilization. on the way you will have a photo stop at the Bahrain Bay and to take a great view of the city skyline.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bab el-Bahrain Souk, Bab Al Bahrain Ave, Manama 304 Bahrain
Experience the vibrant marketplace Browse through rare spices, throbs, amazing fabrics, kaftans, dry fruits, regional unique handicrafts, nuts, and more before heading back to your hotel for some rest.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Manama, Manama
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.