Full-Day Private Tour of Artisans North of Quito
A tour focused on visiting three towns with their markets located north from Quito city. Each one of these locations are different from each other in terms of markets and artisans. Otavalo with the biggest textile market in South America, Peguche with the traditional weavers that work the textile by hand and Cotacachi with its leather market. This is a full day enjoying the northern landscapes and learning the culture of the region.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Our tour starts in the morning with the pick up at your hotel. We will drive out of Quito to our first stop in Otavalo and “Plaza de Ponchos” where you will have time to walk around and do some shopping of textiles and handicrafts. The locals will always give you a higher price so don’t forget to bargain with them, it is part of the experience. Otavalo is consider one of the most famous indigenous markets in the world and the biggest in South America. A market full of color and life. Though the market is biggest on Saturdays, it is possible to visit any day of the week and find a great variety of fabrics and crafts. After a prudent time in the market for shopping or just to wander around, we will continue to Peguche Town and will visit a family that do their textiles weaving them by hand. This is a unique experience with a family that have been on this weaving work for more than 3 generations. We will continue to Cotachi town for lunch and the leather artisans. In here you will enjoy of some of the best leather products on a really good price. We will finish this tour here and will return to Quito afterwards.
Departure Point :Hotels in Quito Area. Hotels outside of Quito area may get extra charges
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Quito Area. Hotels outside of Quito area may get extra charges
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.