Full-Day Private Tour of Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome
This Full-Day Private Tour of Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome is a one of a kind experience designed for the curious traveler with limited time in Italy and interested in exploring beautiful scenery and history on a day trip from Rome. Enjoy being picked up directly at your hotel by your private chauffeur for a comfortable and luxurious ride down to Pompeii.
Experience the wonders of Pompeii guided by a professional local and expert guide and skip the line tickets! Continue on and marvel at the beauty of the Amalfi Coast as you explore its towns! Tell your private driver whether you want to see Sorrento or Positano and they will make your wish come true!
Why not escape the city of Rome and head down south along the stunning Mediterranean Coast, where your morning touring the ancient ruins of Pompeii and your afternoon leisurely touring the modern beauty of the Amalfi Coast?
This is the perfect day trip that combines history and beauty all in one!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Full Day Excursion to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome
- Pick up and drop off at your Hotel in Rome
- Ride in a Luxury climate controlled vehicle
- Skip the Line entrance to Pompeii
- Professional Local Expert Guide to guide you around Pompeii's Archeological Park
- Enjoy the Amalfi Coast according to your own preference between Sorrento and Positano!
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Your Pompeii & Amalfi Coast day trip begins in Rome with a pick-up directly from your hotel by your private LivItaly chauffeur. After a relaxing drive in a luxury climate-controlled car, you will meet your private tour guide at the world famous site of Pompeii. Get ready for an unforgettable tour of one of the world’s most famous archaeological ruins.
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Once you have gotten to know your tour guide and expressed your areas of interest in order to make it a truly personalized tour, you can go straight into the ruins of Pompeii with skip-the-line-access. Learn about this once ancient Roman port city that was originally conquered in 80 B.C. and devastated just under a century later. Hear tales about the daily lives of the residents of Pompeii – their jobs, how they entertained, what they did in their free time and what type of people they were.
The 79 A.D. eruption of Mt. Vesuvius caused the entire city to be buried under ash. This left Pompeii perfectly preserved in time until the rediscovery of the site in 1599!
See some of the prestigious mosaics from the House of Vetti and other exclusive houses of ancient Roman merchants and upper class. Visit the incredible public bath houses and marvel over advanced engineering such as the central heating and elaborate sewer systes, that paved the way for modern engineering feats.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Sorrento Coast, Sorrento Coast, Province of Naples, Campania
Once you have soaked up a good amount of history, it’s time to soak up a bit of sun on your Private Pompeii & Amalfi Coast Day Tour. Your driver will now escort you to a coastal restaurant where you are given the opportunity to enjoy lunch with a view over the picture-perfect Coast line (lunch not included in price of tour).
Leisure over a delicious Southern Italian meal and feel the soft Mediterranean breeze as you ready yourself for a decadent afternoon driving through the infamous winding roads of the Amalfi Coast. It is said, even among Italians themselves, that some of the best cuisine of the country comes from southern Italy. The pizza and pasta are unrivaled in this part of the country, and eating in a coastal town turns lunch into an Italian experience!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Amalfi Coast, Amalfi Coast, Province of Salerno, Campania
After a delicious lunch, your driver will take you to the famed Amalfi Coast! You may have heard about the Amalfi Coast beachwinding roads along this cliff-side town which leave all travelers in awe of just how so much beauty can be carved out of nature. Now it is your turn to experience it! Spend an afternoon in Positano, one of the most beautiful towns on the Amalfi Coast, or in Sorrento, a town overlooking the Bay of Naples. You choose which one you'd like to go to!
Make lifetime memories as you wander along the quaint streets down towards the Mediterranean sea. You may choose to catch up on some shopping – Positano is filled with shops selling handmade sandals, ceramics and even one-of-a kind perfumes and fragrances.
Or try a traditional limoncello in Sorrento, made with fresh Amalfi lemons. We can assure you that you have never seen lemons this big before! There is no better place to try this Italian drink than in its hometown.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private chaffeur will pick you up directly at your Hotel or Vacation Residence about 10-15 min prior your experience start time.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- LivTours’ is and has always been founded on sustainable and safe tourism. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.