Full-Day Private Tour of Sintra, Beaches, Cabo da Roca and Cascais
Do you want to visit Sintra's top rated places and also some less known locations? Do you want a personalized experience, catered to your group's needs and wants? We offer just that in our Sintra Detour. You don't need to worry about the trip, we'll pick you up from your accommodation and drop you off at the end of the day and we make sure that the only thing you have to worry about is exploring and detouring with us!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation (only in Sintra, Lisbon or Cascais)
- Tour Guide + Driver
- Skipping the long lines to purchase tickets
- Alcoholic Beverages - Small Mead Tasting in a Medieval Pub
What's excluded :
- Tickets and entrance fees
- Lunch, Snacks or Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Park and National Palace of Pena
- Entry/Admission - Quinta da Regaleira
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Historico de Sintra, Sintra 2710-616 Portugal
The Town of Sintra is the heart of Sintra. Take some time to visit the old center and try the traditional pastries "Queijada" and "Travesseiro".
Lunch and snacks not included.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Sintra National Palace, Largo Rainha Dona Amelia, Sintra 2710-616 Portugal
Standing in the historical heart of Sintra, this is the best-preserved medieval royal residence in Portugal, being inhabited more or less continuously from at least the early 15th century to the late 19th century.
Pass By: Castelo dos Mouros, Estrada da Pena Parque de Monserrate, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
Built by the Moors in the 8th and 9th centuries, it was an important strategic point during the Reconquista, and was taken by Christian forces after the fall of Lisbon in 1147.
Stop At: Park and National Palace of Pena, Estrada da Pena, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
One of the most well-known attractions in Sintra and perhaps in Portugal. Sitting at the top of the Sintra Hills, it's privileged location represents the monarchy at it's high in Portugal. A magnificient and exuberant Palace stands in the middle of a 33 hectares (82 acres) natural park, considered by UNESCO a World Heritage Site.
Visiting is optional but recommended.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Quinta da Regaleira, Rua Barbosa do Bocage, Sintra 2710-567 Portugal
The second most well-known attraction in Sintra. Incredible property with a mix and mash of different architectural styles and some deep stories involving secret societies, templars and millionars. Home to the most photographed place in Sintra, the Initiation Well.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Tivoli Palácio de Seteais, R. Barbosa du Bocage 8, 2710-517 Sintra, Portugal
The Seteais Palace is a neoclassical palace operating nowadays as a luxury hotel known as the Tivoli Palácio de Seteais Hotel. It's gardens rival those of famous french palaces and the view from behind it's iconic arch is a must-see.
Stop At: Azenhas do Mar, Azenhas do Mar, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Check out one of the best beaches in the Sintra Region. A settlement built on the cliff's face resembling Santorini is the big selling point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Praia Grande, Colares, Portugal
This beach is the most famous one in Sintra, used frequently by the locals and lovers of surf from all over the world
Stop At: Estrada Cabo da Roca, Colares 2705-001 Portugal
This place is the western-most point of Continental Europe. The views of the rugged landscape, dominated by cliffs and low vegetation are definitely worth of your attention. Behold the place "Where the earth ends and the sea begins"
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Guincho, 2750 Cascais, Portugal
Experience the panoramic views that you get of the end of the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park, a meeting point between the epic sand dunes and the ocean.
Stop At: Cascais, Cascais, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
This once humble fisherman's town is today a popular seaside resort for those who can afford it. Ranked as one of the wealthiest municipalities in Portugal and the Iberian Peninsula. Experience the place commonly refered to as the Portuguese Riviera.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :9/21/2020 - 12/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Information is available to all costumers: How to take precautions to prevent and control infection relating to Covid-19 and Internal rules relating to Covid-19. Grand Detours detains the Clean&Safe certificate in compliance to the current legislation issued by Turismo de Portugal.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.