Full-Day Private Tour of the Abydos and Dendera Temples
Explore the temple of Dendera and Abydos on the west bank of the Nile. The full-day private tour from Luxor visits the Dendera Zodiac, the reliefs and restored ceilings of Hathor Temple, and the remains of Abydos Temple.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by Car, Van or Bus
- Entry/Admission - Dendera Temple Complex
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Rameses II
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dendera Temple Complex, Dendera Egypt
Your tour begins with pickup from your Luxor hotel in time for an 8am departure. Traveling in the comfort of a private vehicle, set out on the around 1.5-hour journey to Dendera.
On arrival, follow your guide around the magnificent temple complex, taking in highlights such as the Temple of Hathor, the two birth houses, the Coptic Basilica, the sanitarium, and the sacred lake. With your expert guide on-hand to explain the historic importance of each site and answer any questions, you’ll gain an insight into Dendera’s importance throughout the Greek, Ptolemy and Roman periods.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Rameses II, Beni Mansur, Abydos Egypt
After lunch (own expense), continue to Abydos to discover the ancient center of the Cult of Osiris — the ‘God of the Dead’. Uncover the myths and legends of the Old Kingdom as you make your way around the Temple of Seti I, the Osireion, and the Gallery of Kings.
On return to Luxor, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 5pm.
Please note: this private tour can be customized to your preferences, so you can spend more time at the sights that interest you most.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Tour departs from centrally located Luxor hotels or Luxor Port
Return Detail :Tour returns to original point of departure
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.