Full-Day Private Tour to Callejón de Huaylas and Llanganuco
Today you will cross the magnificent Callejón de Huaylas, a valley fed by the Santa River and located between the Cordillera Blanca and Cordillera Negra Mountain Ranges. On the way, you will visit the towns of Carhuaz, Mancos and Yungay, and while ascending towards the Cordillera Blanca the mountainous landscape will become increasingly spectacular. The granite walls of Huandoy (6395 masl) and Huascarán Mountains (6768 masl) make up a ´U´-shaped canyon, with the two turquoise lagoons of Llanganuco. You will find yourself in the heart of the Huascaran National Reserve, a massive laboratory of natural history where it is possible to learn about the tropical species of the Andes and their ecosystems. You will visit the Orcocha and Chinacocha lagoons (3850 masl), where queñuales forests and Quishuar trees can be seen. After lunch, you will be transferred back to Huaraz.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Entry/Admission - Lake Llanganuco
- Entry/Admission - Camposanto de Yungay
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Callejon de Huaylas, Peru
You will cross the magnificent ´Callejón de Huaylas´, a valley fed by the Santa River, located between 'Cordillera Blanca' and 'Cordillera Negra' mountain ranges. On the way, you will visit the towns of Carhuaz, Caraz and Yungay, and while ascending towards the 'Cordillera Blanca' the mountainous landscape will become increasingly spectacular.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Llanganuco, Huascaran National Park Peru
The Llanganuco Lagoon is located in the Huascarán National Park and is formed by two beautiful lagoons with crystalline and turquoise waters: Chinancocha (female lagoon) and Orconcocha (male lagoon). These lagoons are in a narrow valley between the Huascarán, Huandoy, Pisco and Yanapaccha peaks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Camposanto de Yungay, Yungay 02103 Peru
Campo Santo is a city of Yungay buried on May 31, 1970, by an immense avalanche produced by an earthquake. Currently, they remain as silent witnesses Four palm trees, the cemetery and the Christ the Redeemer with outstretched hands in the sign of piety.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Huaraz downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.