Full-Day Private Tour to Chinchero, Maras and Moray
You will start your tour in the Chinchero town, one of the most important towns of the Inca Empire located on a terrace at about 3500 masl, where beautiful Andean landscapes surround the place, framed by the calm beauty of the Chicón and Verónica snow-capped mountains. Every Sunday, the town becomes a trade center for products from the neighboring communities. You will then visit the archaeological sites in Maras and Moray. Maras presents a surreal view; located near Moray, it is an impressive complex for the exploitation of salt mines. Its big salt deposits were used to trade for other products with other regions of the Empire. Morays archaeological vestiges are composed of mysterious concentric circular terraces which, according to some scholars, would be an agricultural research center. The higher external terraces would be at a higher temperature than the inner ones and could simulate the conditions of various ecological strata of the empire.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Pickup and drop-off
- Admission to Maras.
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
What's excluded :
- Full Cusco Touristic Ticket - BTC
- Personal expenses
- Lunch and beverage
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
You will start your tour in the village of Chinchero, which was one of the most important populations during the Inca empire. However, as much of its annexes, it was also a victim of the extirpation of idolatries action that replaced the traditional deities by Catholic ones, in order to transform popular beliefs.
Duration: 1 hour 25 minutes
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Then visit the archaeological remains of Maras. It is a surreal sight. Located so close to Moray and is an impressive complex of salt mining. They are large deposits of salt used for exchange for other products with other regions of the empire.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
The archaeological site of Moray consists of mysterious concentric circular terraces that for some investigators would be an agricultural research center.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note: the visit to Maras does not operate from December to March due to rainy season. Chinchero and Moray are visited all throughout the year
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit Moray and Chinchero, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.