Full-Day Private Tour to Olympia from Athens
Travel on a fully air-conditioned vehicle and start the scenic drive through the olive groves and orchards of the rugged Peloponnese countryside.
Enjoy a short photo stop to admire the Corinth Canal from above. Discover everything about the UNESCO world heritage site of Ancient Olympia with your professional guide, the birthplace of the Olympic Games and the place where fair-play was nurtured.
In close proximity to the site, you can find the world-famous Archaeological Museum of Olympia where you can admire, amongst many priceless exhibits, the marble statues of the Temple of Zeus and the unique statue of Hermes, carved by the ancient Greek sculptor Praxiteles.
Enjoy your free time in the town of Olympia, full with traditional souvenir shops and Cafés or try the excellent Mediterranean cuisine in a Greek tavern
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer by deluxe A/C vehicle from Athens to Olympia and return
- Service of professional licensed guide
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up/drop off to the meeting point (can be organized for additional charge upon request)
- Entrance fees into the Archaeological Site & Museum of Ancient Olympia: Full: €12, Reduced: €6
- Meals & Drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Whisper audio system (approximately 3 euros per person - if required due to COVID-19 protocols)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Short stop for photos to this amazing work of engineering.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Your guide will lead you through the Archaeological site of Olympia, the site of the greatest archaeological interest, excavated in the XIX century by a German team of experts. Olympia, according to the legend, was built at the king of the gods’ will, Zeus, to promote the cult among the Greeks. You will admire the site which includes the ruins of the Temple of Zeus, the Gymnasium, the Hippodrome and the imposing Olympic Stadium, where the early Games were held, designed to hold up to 40.000 spectators.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Olympia, Archaia Olympia, Olympia 27 065 Greece
In close proximity to the site you can find the world famous Archaeological Museum of Ancient Olympia where you can admire, amongst many priceless exhibits, the marble statues of the Temple of Zeus and the unique Statue of Hermes, carved by the ancient Greek sculptor Praxiteles.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Free time in the modern town of Olympia
Ending the guided tour you will have free time in the town of Olympia, full with traditional souvenir shops. You can also relax in one of the nearby cafeterias or even pay a visit to one the Greek taverns trying the excellent Mediterranean cuisine
*lunch can be organized for an additional charge 15€/pp. (3 courses lunch)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :NEW Hotel, Filellinon 16, Athina 105 57, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point Filellinon 16, Athens 10 557(outside of New Hotel)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for all the travellers (the travellers are required to carry their own face mask before entering the vehicle) and staff (driver, guides or escorts) during the all duration of transfer. Extra charge for whisper audio system might be applied due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.