Full-Day Private Tour to Terezin Nazi Camp and Melnik Castle with Lunch
A Fortress from the 18th century was turned into a Jewish ghetto and Nazi political prison in World War II - experience it and learn more about a sad true part of the European history that influenced all the world. After traditional Czech lunch visit also scenic Melnik city on way back to Prague. It has breathtaking views and “modern” history starting in 10th century. Visit local bone church, Melnik chateau on individual tour and try some of their locally produced wines in wine bar afterwards (April-October). All this on a comfortable private day trip with professional licensed guide.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private licensed local guide-driver
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Admission fees to objects (10-16 EUR per person)
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting (1-2 EUR per sample, 4 samples are minimum)
- Entry/Admission - Terezin Mala pevnost
- Entry/Admission - Terezin Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Zamek MElnik
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Terezin Mala pevnost, Principova alej 304, Terezin 411 55 Czech Republic
Your private guide and driver will pick you up at your Prague place and after 1h of comfortable & safe drive you reach Terezin concentration camp. It is strategically close to Prague. You will learn World War II history - the difference between concentration and death camp, psychology of Nazi propaganda hiding the truth from the rest of the world, Gestapo political prison, individual personal stories, life and culture in Jewish ghetto.
The city is divided into two parts: former Gestapo political prison (joining a group for a while) and Jewish ghetto presented as "a city given to Jews from Adolf Hitler for the war time" (you will see propaganda movie in the political prison).
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Terezin Memorial, Principova alej 304, Terezin 411 55 Czech Republic
You will see a Jewish Museum (historical overview), former Jewish dormitory (exbition about culture in ghetto) and ceremonial halls on a private tour. Admission is 10 EUR per person.
After these history tours enjoy traditional Czech lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Melnik, Melnik, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
On the way back to Prague you stop in scenic town Melnik on a private tour with view on rivers, bone church (since 16th century, admission 1 EUR per person, only weekends), Melnik chateau (individual self-guided tour, admission 5 EUR per person) and wine tasting from local vineyards (since 10th century) in chateau wine bar (not included; objects are open April-October), local sommelier is present Mon-Thu depending on other program.
All the time you will be accompanied by a nice professional local guide that is flexible to adjust the program to your needs. You will feel like you are on a trip with an old local friend who is ready to give you the best insider tips and recommendations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zamek MElnik, Svatovaclavska 19/16, Melnik 276 01 Czech Republic
Visit one of the dominants of a beautiful city Melnik - a castle from 10th century rebuilt in chateau and still owned by old Czech nobel family (individual self-guided tour, admission 5 EUR per person). It is surrounded by beautiful vineyards and offers view on confluence of the two longest rivers of Czech Republic - Moldava and Elbe.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/13/2020 - 11/2/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The transportation and the tour are PRIVATE only for you. The transportation vehicles are disinfected regularly by ozone (used in hospitals). If lunch is included in the tour, take-away option is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.