Full Day Private Tour to Vardzia, Rabati and Borjomi from Tbilisi
• Visit the top attractions of the area
• Travel with experienced and safe drivers
• Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour from Tbilisi
• Learn about the area’s history and culture as you go
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from from your Hotel or any acomodation
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Entry/Admission - Rabati Castle
- Entry/Admission - Vardzia Cave
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tour2Georgia, Tbilisi Georgia
Stop At: Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park, Borjomi Georgia
Borjomi, a small town in the mountains. There are many beautiful places to visit here, but the most famous of them is the town, because of its mineral water, that is said to have unique healing qualities and taste. It’s been known for centuries, that this water was special, but it really became famous during the Russian reign of Georgia. Russians built resorts and palaces here. Borjomi water won its first gold medal in 1907 in Belgium. The water has been bottled since 1896.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Green (Mtsvane) Monastery, Borjomi Georgia
Green Monastery, officially known as Chitakhevi St. George Monastery, is an IX century friary located in the village of the same name, in the Borjomi municipality. According to historians and archeologists, it was built by Christopher and Tevdore, students of St. Grigol Khandtstheli, a very influential figure in Georgian history. The monastery complex includes a basilica-type church and a bell tower, also built in IX century. It is built from roughly hewn stone, with little to no decoration. The bell tower has two floors, with a prayer room on the first and a richly ornamented pavilion on the second. The place earned its loving moniker from the locals.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Rabati Castle, Akhaltsikhe Georgia
Then head towards the town of Akhaltsikhe (New Fortress) that has always had strategic importance. That's why the fortress Rabat has been built here in the 9th century, so it’s been called the fortress inside the fortress. It was guarding Georgia for centuries, but there were periods when enemies took over. The fortress keeps traces of both times, giving you an unforgettable impression. The fortress has been renovated several years ago. Here you can see the Georgian church, mosque and Madrasa – Islamic school, citadel, and unique museum. The Rabati fortress is one of the highlights of this region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vardzia Cave, aspindza tabidze str 4, Aspindza, Georgia
Vardzia cave town (12th century), which is one of the highlights of the trip and stretches over half a kilometer along the river Mtkvari, with 19 stories. There used to be about 3000 caves here, but now there are just over 500 left. It has a church hewn out of rock with amazing 12th-century frescoes. The Complex also includes living quarters, small hall-type churches and refectories and a wine cellar.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Departure point may be your hotel or any other place in or near Tbilisi.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.