Full-Day Private Walking Tour of Cortona
Take an 8-hour private walking tour through Cortona with a professional guide. Walk through a magnificent location nestled in the woods leading to the cells of St. Francis, enchanted and spiritual, then follow a path that leads to the highest part of the city where the fortress is located with its imposing walls. Have lunch in one the best restaurants in Tuscany, Locanda (own expense). A professional art historian guide will meet you after lunch to show you the history of this beautiful village, visiting the city's most impressive churches: San Niccolò and Santa Chiara (the second church built after the Saint's death). Once in the center of the city, take in the magnificent main square, rich in history and references to the Etruscan world. Then learn about the traditions of the place through the specialty shops of ceramics, local produce, and wine bars. Private tour is limited to 8 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional art historian guide
- Environmental tour guide
- Local guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Experience the iconic small Tuscan town of Cortona (made famous in the Frances Mayes's book Under The Tuscan Sun). Located between Florence and Rome, Cortona is rich in Etruscan roots. With easy to wander streets, it offers up spectacular views of the valley below.
Begin your journey at the Camucia-Cortona train station at 10am with your first tour guide who will bring you to Cortona city. You will walk along a stunning (but easy) path for approximately 5 miles (8km). He will show and describe to you and the beautiful natural surrounding during the walk. At approximately 1pm, stop in Cortona for lunch in one of the best local restaurants (own expense). Around 2:30pm, meet your second tour guide. He will bring you to fantastic and gorgeous churches. First visit San Niccolo’, characterized by a churchyard adorned with cypresses. Then see Santa Chiara, a monastery complex with a chapel designed by Vasari.
After this, your guide will bring you to Palazzo del Comune, the main square where you can explore the feature shops (botteghe) of ceramics, and local produce, as well as restaurants, and wine bars. Around 5:30pm end the tour in a jewelry store where the owner will offer us a glass of Prosecco in pure leaf gold or silver, while he reveals the processing of the gold through the ancient lost wax technique. This is a unique experience you won't want to miss. Tour concludes in the old town of Cortona.
Departure Point :Camucia Stazione, 52044 Camucia, Province of Arezzo, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :52044 Cortona, Province of Arezzo, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Not recommended for those under 18
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Most of the shops have an eftpos, so you can pay by credit card. Nonetheless, it is quite advisable to bring some cash money just in case, the machine doesn't work. ATM available in Cortona.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.