Full-Day Rainbow Mountain Hike from Cusco
Take a trip to the colorful Rainbow Mountain. On a 3-hour hike you'll experience the beautiful Andean landscape, enjoy great views of snow-capped mountain peaks, see the way native mountain people live, and of course get up-close to the amazing Rainbow Mountain. During the tour you will be hiking together with your tour guide, his/hers assistant and the rest of the group and you will be provided breakfast and lunch buffet.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup from your hotel inside the historical center of Cusco
- Shared transport
- Bilingual tour guide
- Breakfast and lunch buffet
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit
- Entrance fee to the Rainbow Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Renting of horse to carry you or your personal belongings (90 Soles)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
Find the rainbow in the mountain! This tour will take you through an amazing journey with undiscovered lands of typical Andean views where the culture is still intact. You'll see the snow-capped mountain peaks, Andean animals and the highlight of the tour, the painted hills of Rainbow Mountain.
You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel in Cusco and be transferred to the restaurant where a solid breakfast is served so you can be ready and have the energy to start the hike. The drive takes around 2.5 hours. Throughout the hike you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate Mountain showing its majestic presence in the horizon. You will experience how locals live in the mountains and even have a chance to speak with them. As you get closer to the Rainbow Mountain, you'll begin to see the first signs of the colored minerals that formed the painted hills. The hike from the starting point to the Rainbow Mountain takes around 1.5 hours.
Your guide will explain what makes up the existence of the Rainbow Mountain, and finally you will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up the sacred land. Once you are back to the starting point of the hike, you will be provided a lunch buffet. At the end of the tour, you'll return to Cusco ending at Plaza Regocijo.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up at your hotel inside the historical center of Cusco
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- This tour is not recommended to people with asthma, heart problems or high blood pressure
- You have to be in a good shape (there is also the possibility to rent a horse for 90 Soles)
- It is also important that you spend some days in Cusco before going to the Rainbow Mountain, so your body gets adjusted to the high altitude
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Remember to bring: Sun screen, Sun glasses, Sun-hat, trekking shoes, rain poncho, bottled water, snacks, money, clothes for cold weather & back pack
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.