Full-Day Rock Climbing Tour in Zarnesti Gorges from Bucharest
Learn the basics of rock climbing in Zarnesti Gorges while enjoying breathtaking views and the largest bear reserve in the world with this 12-hour full-day tour from Bucharest.
per adult from
What's included :
- Climbing instructor
- Driver and transportation
- Climbing kit
- Picnic lunch
- Coffee and tea
What's excluded :
- Early in the morning, the group will be picked up at 8am from the hotel. Head towards Zărnești and visit Libearty Reservation, the largest animal welfare project in Europe. The Libearty Sanctuary is the greatest brown bear reservation in the world. Afterwards, you will head to the Zărnești Gorges. Here, a 30-minute presentation about climbing and rappel techniques will be provided so that everyone can enjoy the experience safely. Now that you are mentally and physically prepared, begin your 3-hour schedule of climbing.
Zărnești Gorges will provide you with memories and feelings to last for a lifetime. One of Romania’s most beautiful natural treasures, it is the most visited attraction in Piatra Craiului National Park. The gorges stretch over a distance of almost 5 kilometers with walls 200 meters tall, boasting dozens of climbing trails begging to be climbed. The view is breathtaking and the defile has even been the death scene of Jude Law’s character in the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain."
After a strenuous but satisfying climb, indulge in a picnic type of lunch. Refueled with energy, begin the relaxing part of your trip and visit the Zărnești Gorges. As there are no cars allowed in the gorge, you will find supreme silence and peace along with incredible landscapes. Here, you will see the longest limestone ridge over 15 kilometers long. Continue your trip and visit the Rasnov Citadel, a fortified ensemble situated at the top of the hill guarding over the city of Rasnov. This is one of Transylvania’s best-preserved citadels, and it also hosts a feudal art museum. The area became famous when in 2001 the Oscar award-winning movie "Cold Mountain," starring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, was shot here. Finish your trip with a visit to Valea Cetatii Cave (Citadel’s Valley), a true monument of nature.
The underground landscape is guaranteed to leave you impressed. This is one of the most beautifully arranged caves in Europe, modernly equipped and with a surface open to visitors of 330 meters – its total surface covers one kilometer. After a day full of adrenaline, relaxation, and natural beauty, head back to Bucharest where you can say your goodbyes to each other and get a well-deserved rest.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.