Full Day Royal Palace and Korean Folk Village Tour
On this 8.5 hour small-group tour, you will get a taste of Korean traditional culture. Firstly, you will visit Jogyesa temple that represents Buddhism in Seoul and pass by Cheongwadae, the Presidential Blue House, move on to Gwanghwamun Gate to see royal guard changing ceremony. After the ceremony, you will explore Gyeongbokgung palace and visit the National Folklore Museum. In the afternoon, you will visit the Korean Folk Village to enjoy the lifestyle of the Joseon dynasty with over 270 old houses.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Jogyesa Temple
- Entry/Admission - Gwanghwamun Gate
- Entry/Admission - Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Entry/Admission - National Folk Museum of Korea
- Entry/Admission - Korean Folk Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jogyesa Temple, 45 Gyeonji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-170 South Korea
Jogyesa Buddhist Temple is the center of Zen Buddhism in Korea, and is famous for being located in the city. From the busy streets of Jongno, follow the road towards Anguk Subway Station, and you will see Jogyesa Temple. The first things you will notice at the temple are the lovely trees. These locust trees and baeksong trees in front of the Daeungjeon, the main temple building, are about 500 years old.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gwanghwamun Gate, 161 Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03045 South Korea
Every day visitors to Gyeongbok palace can watch a reenactment of the “Changing of the Royal Guards” ceremony, which takes place at the Gwanghwamun Gate and Heungnyemun plazas. The royal guards of the Joseon Dynasty (1392~1910) were in charge of protecting the gates of the capital city and the royal palace.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gyeongbokgung Palace, 161 Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul South Korea
Built in 1395, Gyeongbok Palace is also commonly referred to as the “Northern Palace” because it is located more toward the north, compared to the neighboring palaces of Changdeok (Eastern Palace) and Gyeonghee (Western Palace). Gyeongbok Palace is arguably the most beautiful and remains the grandest of all the five palaces.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: National Folk Museum of Korea, 37 Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03045 South Korea
The National Folk Museum is located on the compound of Gyeongbokgung palace. It shows you the traditional life of both the ordinary people and aristocracy. It has exhibits from all parts of Korea. There are displays of traditional farming methods, hunting, weaving, cooking and other house keeping chores.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: The Blue House (Cheong Wa Dae), 1 Cheongwadae-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-820 South Korea
The symbol of Cheongwadae (known as the Blue House or the presidential residence), is the blue tiles. The first thing that catches your eye when you arrive at Cheongwadae is the blue tiles of the main building. The blue tiles and the smooth roof are in beautiful harmony with Mt. Bugaksan behind it. As the Blue House represents Korea, the blue tiles and the smooth curve of the roof represents the beauty of Korea.
Stop At: Korean Folk Village, 90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin, Gyeonggi-do 17075 South Korea
Korean Folk Village is a full introduction of lives of people in Joseon dynasty. The village is a living museum that shows us lifestyle of several centuries ago. There are potters, weavers, blacksmiths and other artisans who practice their trades in a traditional fashion. Also there are about 270 traditional houses opened to visitors. The village has official's houses, ordinary people's houses, traditional schools, hospitals, and government office. In the Korean Folk Village, lots of historical soap operas were filmed. Also you can enjoy lots of attractions like museum and traditional performances.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :119 Sogong-ro, Sogong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us with full address of your accommodation in Seoul if it is not listed.Then we will inform the proper pick-up place with consideration of your location.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wheelchair accessible (foldable only)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.