Full Day Sacred Paths Wine Tour
Be transported to a magical world of wine, monasteries, chapels and scenic villages. Take the Sacred Paths to wonder!
The tour’s first stop is the historic winery of the Monastery of Tzagarolon, this beautiful monastery is set in the picturesque Akrotiri peninsula of Chania. The temple features admirable Byzantine architecture, a folklore museum and an ancient library of rarities. Sample select wines from the monastery’s production while admiring and learning about the wine equipment of the past on display, your tasting will be paired with a small ‘kerasma’ meze offering.
Enjoy a picturesque drive to the family-owned Dourakis Winery in Apokoronas to learn about viticulture and the winemaking process and taste their wine.
The next stop is to a well-hidden old-style kafeneio, and just across from it is the last ‘sacred’ stop to meet the key holder of a treasured chapel to explore its beautifully painted Byzantine art interiors.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - Traditional Greek/Cretan Meze lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages - 8 wines to be tasted
- Private Sommelier (Diploma Level) and professional commentary
- Visit the monastery of Agia Triada
- Visit a local Cretan winery
- Visit a beautiful hidden village
- Explore Byzantine art at a beautiful small chapel
- Complimentary refreshments in the car
- Entry/Admission - Holy Trinity Monastery (Agia Triada)
- Entry/Admission - Winery Dourakis
- Entry/Admission - Apokoronas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Holy Trinity Monastery (Agia Triada), Akrotiri, Crete 731 00 Greece
The tour’s first stop is the winery of the Monastery of Tzagarolon, this beautiful monastery is set in the picturesque Akrotiri peninsula of Chania. The temple features beautiful Byzantine architecture, a museum and an ancient library of rarities. We’ll be sampling select wines from the monastery’s production while we admire and learn about the wine equipment of the past on display.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Winery Dourakis, Alikampos, Crete 73007 Greece
From there we’ll head to the Dourakis Winery in Apokoronas to learn about viticulture and the winemaking process as we taste their wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Apokoronas, Apokoronou 48, Chania 731 35, Greece
Our last stop is a visit to a charming and hidden little village with a beautiful central chapel that dates back to the Byzantine era adorned with artistic icons. Right next door is a small family owned kafeneio where we indulge in traditional Greek coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Crete Wine Escapes, Dimakopoulou 78, Rethymno 741 00, Greece
2: Nikiforou Foka 10, Chania 731 32, Greece
3: Par. 2i Theotokopoulou 63, Chania 731 31, Greece
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.