Full-Day San Jose to Pacuare River Rafting Class III-IV
Located on Costa Rica’s Caribbean slope, the Pacuare River borders the Talamanca Mountain Range, home to native Cabecar Indians and an incredible variety of wildlife, including parrots, toucans, deer, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, butterflies, and more. Add in the exciting Class III-IV white water rapids and you have a 12-hour tropical adventure packed with rich experiences that last long after you’ve returned home.
The magical river is born in Costa Rica’s Talamanca Mountain Range (Cordillera de Talamanca) at 3,000 meters altitude, and descends through the mountains to the plains of Limón, flowing into the Caribbean Sea. At a total length of approximately 133 km, the river has 32 km of rapids Class III and IV that are ideal for the recreation of your small group.
This fully guided adventure includes meals and hotel pickup and drop-off on a private bus.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Jose (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pacuare River, Cartago Costa Rica
After an early morning pickup from your San Jose hotel, we will transport you in a private, comfortable bus to the Rios Tropicales Operations Center for a delicious, typical Costa Rican breakfast. After breakfast and changing into rafting gear, we will drive to our private rafting put-in on the banks of the Pacuare River.
Pass By: Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, North Of San Jose 19 km, San Jose 10104 Costa Rica
Braulio Carrillo is a large park, protecting some 47,500 hectares or 117,375 acres of land. The terrain is varied, ranging from 36 – 2,900 meters or 118 – 9,514 feet in elevation. The park protects several habitats including cloud forest, rainforest, and river habitats.
Stop At: Rios Tropicales, San Jose Costa Rica
Delicious, traditional Costa Rican buffet breakfast with Doña Gloria’s famous omelets at our Rios Tropicales Operations Center.
Large men’s and women’s changing rooms with showers and private secure lockers.
Hot buffet lunch at the Operations Center; or River Picnic Lunch (in dry season) on a scenic riverbank.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :San Jose Metro, San Jose Metro, Province of San Jose
Traveler pickup is offered
We only do pick ups in hotels located in San José, some in La Fortuna, Puerto Viejo and Cahuita.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum is 2 people per booking
- Maximum is 15 people per booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Transportation without additional cost from hotels located in San Jose (selected hotels)
- Rubber soled shoes (tennis or similar) shorts and a T-shirt, swimsuit, windbreaker, sunscreen lotion, sun hat or bandanna (Optional)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- CANCELLATION POLICIES: • Any change or cancellation must be made before 4:00pm the day before service date. • No refunds for NO SHOWS. If circumstances beyond our control (bad weather, natural disasters, road closures, etc). we reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations and to make partial refunds. "Rios Tropicales, S.A. will not be responsible for additional costs incurred by the client due to various climatic conditions, such as but not limited to: earthquakes, floods, epidemics, fires, or accidents, condition of roads, cancellations of external transportation, or any other cause attributed to unforeseeable circumstances or Force Majeure that may interrupt or delay a booked trip."
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.