Full-Day Shared Guided Tour at Atlas Mountains with Lunch
Your guide is one of the select few certified mountain guides in Morocco (awarded "Best Guide" three years in a row) and will walk you through an authentic day in the life of the Berber people, including a traditional lunch prepared by his mother in their home.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Moroccan salad, lentil soup, tagin, fruits and tea
- Private transportation
- Guide , Mineral water and Typical breakfast
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aroumd, Aroumd, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
Following pick you up from your Hotel or Riad at 9:00 am, you will travel in a comfortable, air conditioned car, with a professional English/French/Spanish speaking guide. From here you will begin your drive to the you will drive to mighty Atlas Mountains.
At first you will arrive in Toenjy where you will have chance to look at, and explore a typical Berber village, Azrou. Take photos and soak in an experience in one of the oldest Berber villages in the region, built in the traditional way. Next, you will visit an argan oil cooperative and see how the women create many different products from Moroccos famous argan nut. You will be warmly welcomed to a delicious traditional Moroccan breakfast whilst you learn more about how argan nuts are transformed into argan oil both for eating and for cosmetics.
After this the journey will take you through the Molay Brahim Gorges, passing through Asni valley, which is famous for its many different types of fruit. These include; apples, almands, peaches, olives and prunes.
Before long, you will arrive at Imlil reaching an altitude of 1740 metres. It is now that you will start your walk. We will discuss how many hours you want to walk for and what kind of terrain you desire. This could take you either through more Berber villages or through a peaceful trail with forests and wildlife to admire.
You will have lunch in Armed village, the last village on the way to Toubkal. This is cooked from scratch with all ingredients sourced from local markets. It is bespoke to your dietary requirements. Whilst enjoying a home cooked meal you will be able to, from this point, see clearly the sister peaks and all the remaining villages of the valley. It is a spectacular view.
Finally, after lunch you will take a steady descent down through a trial littered with wonderful waterfalls. Once you finish your Atlas adventure, you will find your driver waiting for you ready to bring you back home to the Medina. You should return to your Riad or Hotel at approximately 17:00.
Your will end your day with a rich understanding of Berban culture, alongside an experience of unforgettable natural beauty.
Please note: On Saturday and Thursday you will have the chance to visit and explore a traditional farmers weekly market.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Tahnaout, Morocco
At first you will arrive in Tahnout where you will have chance to look at, and explore a typical Berber village, Azrou. Take photos and soak in an experience in one of the oldest Berber villages in the region, built in the traditional way. Next, you will visit an argan oil cooperative and see how the women create many different products from Moroccos famous argan nut. You will be warmly welcomed to a delicious traditional Moroccan breakfast whilst you learn more about how argan nuts are transformed into argan oil both for eating and for cosmetics.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Imlil, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
Finally, after lunch you will take a steady descent down through a trial littered with wonderful waterfalls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Argana, Jamâa el-fnna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
If we do not receive the adress of your Hotel or Riad, we will be expecting you at the designated meeting point outside Café Argana in Jemaa El Fna square at 8:30 a.m
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.