Full-Day Small-Group Tour to Ephesus from Izmir
No HIDDEN COSTS : Entrance fees, Lunch, Guiding, Transportation are INCLUDED
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Izmir for this 7-hour excursion starting in Izmir and taking you to Ephesus. Trace the steps of Alexander the Great, Caesar or Cicero. See the House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis. Enjoy a traditional Turkish lunch. Drive back to hotel and drop off .
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
Pick up from Izmir port / Izmir hotel . Pick up time will be given during reservation.
Drive to The House of Virgin Mary is located on the Aladag Mountains 5 miles away from Ephesus. At the third Ecumenical Council on 431 AD in Ephesus, it was claimed that Mary came to Ephesus with St. John in 37 A.D. and lived there until her death in 48 A.D. After the discovery of the house, the Archbishop of Izmir declared there as a place of pilgrimage in 1892. On July 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI visited this place and prayed there
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
We will start visiting one of the main highlights in Turkey, Ephesus, one of the 12 cities of Ionian League (an ancient Greek district on the western coast of Asia Minor) is located near Izmir. As a port city it was a major departure point for trade routes into Asia Minor.
Walk through history along marble streets lined with wonderful public buildings, among them the Baths of Scholastica, the Library of Celsus; it was built in the beginning of the 2nd century A.D. by Gaius Julius Aquila to be a memorial to his father Gaius Julius Celsus Polemanus, the proconsul of Province of Asia. , the Temple of Hadrian and The Grand Theater are two of the most impressive buildings in Ephesus. Grand theatre was built in 3rd century B.C and it was later expanded to 24.000 spectators by the Romans in the 1st century A.D.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
We will stop at Artemis Temple where used to be one of the seven wonders of the ancient world as our last stop before drive back to Izmir town center, airport or port.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Izmir Clock Tower, Kültür, Atatürk Cd., 35220 Konak/İzmir, Turkey
Drive back to your hotel through famous Clock Tower in ızmir
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Shoes must be removed to enter mosques. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.