Full-Day Snowshoeing Tour to Kazbegi from Tbilisi
If you have 1 day free in Tbilisi and wish to experience the powdery snow on the hills of Great Caucasus mountains, this snowshoe tour to Mt. Kazbegi and the amazing Gergeti Trinity church is for you. Magical colors of winter with unspoiled landscapes and the snow capped Caucasus Mountains will surround you and make for an unforgettable trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Tbilisi
- Equipment rental
- Qualified mountain guiding service
- Travel with comfortable A/C car
- Petrol costs
- Lunch boxes and hot drinks
- Bottle of water
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jinvali Water Reservoir, 40 km to the North from Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia
The river feeds the Zhinvali reservoir. The dam is 102 m high and was put into operation in 1986. The power plant installed on the dam wall delivers a power output of 130 megawatts. There is also a 37 km pipeline that supplies Tbilisi with drinking water.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble, Georgian Military Highway Near Zhinvali Reservoir, Ananuri 1803 Georgia
Ananuri fortress, is a sixteenth century castle complex on the Aragvi River. The fortress stands beside the famous Georgian Military Highway, overlooking a large Jinvali lake. Its high, turreted stone walls protect two churches, a watch tower and a reservoir. The main church facade is beautifully carved with animal, floral and Celtic style patterns.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gudauri, Gudauri, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
Afterwards, driving another one hour the guests arrive to Gudauri, located 120 km north from Tbilisi. Full driving time to reach the destination takes 2 hours.
Young and rapid developing winter resort located on the southern slopes of The Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in Georgia at Kazbegi region, 120 km from Tbilisi, 2 hours drive, at the height of 2,196 m (about 7,200 feet) near the Cross Pass. The highest point you can reach with the lift is 3,000 metres above sea level, and it’s quite an exciting view. If you are lucky, in good clean sky weather one can see Kazbegi mountain (with 5,047 meter the 3rd highest Georgian pick).
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Mount Kazbek/ Mqinvartsveri, Stepantsminda Georgia
The Kazbegi is said to be the mountain of Greek mythology to which Prometheus was chained because he stole the light from the gods.
"The Kazbegi is the third highest mountain in Georgia and the eight highest mountain in the Caucasus." It rises as a trachytic extinct volcanic cone on a 1,770 m high base to 5,054 m. Several impressive glaciers and partly permanent, partly periodic snow fields extend on its sides. The mountain belongs to the Khokh chain, a northern promontory of the Greater Caucasus.
Stop At: Gergeti Trinity Church, Near the Village of Gergeti, Stepantsminda Georgia
The Gergeti Trinity Church was built in the 14th century and the tower was built about a hundred years later. It stands at an altitude of 2170 m, which is in front of Kazbegi. The name "Gergeti" comes from the disappeared Georgian village of Gergeti on the right bank of the Tergi River
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We’ll pick you up from your hotel before the tour starts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The difficulty of this tour is moderate
- Snow season is from December to March
- Total Elevations +/-: 450 m
- Hiking distance: 8 km (5mi), 4km (2.5mi) uphill to Gergeti
- Walking time: 3-4 hours
- Requirement: snow pants, warm trekking boots, gloves, warm clothing
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour is quite spotive and therefore, requires travelers with good physical conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We check daily temperature of our guest before starting time of the trip.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.