Full-Day Tortuga Island Cruise from San Jose
The Gulf of Nicoya’s archipelago paradise is made up of various islands that are home to nature’s abundance. The area is a sanctuary for marine birds, with white sand beaches and flora and fauna native to our Central Pacific Coast. The world-renowned Isla Tortuga is part of this beautiful archipelago.
Located 12 miles from Puntarenas, Isla Tortuga’s 120 hectares are maintained as a protected forest. The area maintains the Bandera Azul Ecológica, a distinction awarded to certain beaches in Costa Rica for their pure, unpolluted waters. Because of the island’s location, its waves are gentle and its waters turquoise.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Breakfast (sandwich, juice, fruit)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Live entertainment
- Entry/Admission - Bay Island Cruises - Day Tours
- Entry/Admission - Tortuga Island
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Teatro Nacional Costa Rica, Second Ave. and Fifth St., San Jose Costa Rica
Hotel pick-ups start at 06:00 am from San José downtown
After pickup from your hotel in the San José metropolitan area, travel by bus to Puntarenas, enjoying a light breakfast along the way.
Stop At: Bay Island Cruises - Day Tours, Oficina Central Paseo Colon 175 este del Edificio Parroquial, Puntarenas 60101 Costa Rica
Arrival to Puntarenas at 08:30 am where you will board a catamaran for a 1.5-hour cruise through the beautiful landscapes of the Gulf of Nicoya to Tortuga Island. During the cruise you'll also enjoy tropical fruits, fish ceviche, natural drinks, and other snacks. Live music and entertainment creates a festive atmosphere.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tortuga Island, Puntarenas 00000 Costa Rica
Upon arrival to Tortuga Island at 10:30 am enjoy the beach and have some leisure time.
Due to its geographical features, Tortuga Island’s waters are clear turquoise, which are optimal for swimming.
Situated 12 nautical miles from Puntarenas, Tortuga Island (called by local indigenous people “Tolinga”) has an area of 120 hectares and is maintained as a protected forest, which has been awarded the Ecological Blue Flag for more than five years.
In the Gulf of Nicoya, there is a heavenly archipelago of several islands with lush natural beauty and a sanctuary that is home to seabirds, white sandy beaches, and the flora and fauna of our Central Pacific region.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up in most of the Hotels in San José (please contact us in order to verify pick-up availability at your hotel)
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.