Full Day Tour: Chichicastenango Maya Market and Lake Atitlan from Antigua
Depart from Antigua early in the morning to Chichicastenango Maya market, and witness ancient Indian rituals at the Santo Tomas Church and enjoy the picturesque outdoor market where locals from the region gather to buy and sell fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains, animals, textiles and handicrafts.
Then, enjoy views at the beautiful Lake Atitlan in the Western highlands region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Meals (you can add lunch optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
You will be pick up in Antigua Guatemala to start a journey to the Guatemalan highlands to appreciate the colorful market of Chichicastenango and take a panoramic view considered of one of the most beautiful lakes.
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
Upon our arrival at the market we will start our walking tour inside the market. It is the center of the city and at the heart of commercial life of "maxeños" (name given to the indigenous people of Chichicastenango, derived from Max which means Tomás in the Quiché language). The merchants descend every Thursday and Sunday to the central square to sell their products in this impressive indigenous market that has changed very little over the centuries.
We will observe the colorful handicrafts and handmade by local inhabitants of the región also you can see various merchandise, such as clay crafts, typical textiles, fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood, flowers and the regional costumes of the place.
We are also going to visit Santo Tomás Church, built in 1540 on the basis of a pre-Hispanic archaeological temple. This church is a splendid example of colonial architecture, as the Mayan and Latin influence mixes both inside and outside of the church over time. After exploring the market you can enjoy a delicious lunch (not included, but you can add it on optionals for additional cost)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Panajachel, Guatemala
At the end of our walk you will be transfer to the town of Panajachel, which is located on Lake Atitlan. We will visit Calle Santander and enjoy a spectacular view of the lake which is considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Three spectacular volcanoes, Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro form the natural framework of the lake itself
*On holy week we do not visit Atitlán.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
At the end of our tour we return to Antigua Guatemala
Departure Point :Gray Line Antigua Guatemala - Tours & Experiences, 2a Calle Oriente, #4B, Antigua Guatemala Antigua, Guatemala 03001, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- To find pictures of our experiences, search us on Instagram as @graylinetoursgt
- On Holy week April 8th, we only visit the chichicastenango Market, we do not visit Atitlan lake due to traffic reasons.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.