Full day tour in Bahir Dar
This is full day tour in and around Bahir Dar city. Bahir Dar is the capital of Amhara people regional state and one of the most beautiful cities in Ethiopia. This tour provides you a chance to catch up the ancient monasteries on Lake Tana and the blue nile fallsma waterfall on the Blue Nile river in Ethiopia. It is known as Tis Abay in Amharic, meaning "great smoke". It is situated on the upper course of the river, about 30 km downstream from the town of Bahir Dar and Lake Tana.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ura Kidane Mihret
- Entry/Admission - Lake Tana
- Entry/Admission - Blue Nile Falls
What's excluded :
- Other cost not offered in this program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ura Kidane Mihret, Zege Peninsula Ethiopia
Ura Kidane Mehret is a church of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, located on the Zege peninsula in Lake Tana. The convent was founded in the 14th century by the saint Betre Mariyam, although the present circular church dates from the 16th century.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Tana, Ground floor from Blue Nile Hotel, Bahir Dar 1000 Ethiopia
You will have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the island monasteries of Ura Kidane Miheret, and Azwa Mariam located on the peninsula of Zegue. The churches at this peninsula are a pleasant surprise, not only because of the paintings but also of the age of the buildings and the unique style of decorationsIn the afternoon, you will have an excursion to the Blue Nile Falls locally known as 'Tissat Falls'. It's take about 1 hr walk to reach the Fall and another 1hr to return back to the point of departure via the Portuguese bridge. You shall return back to the city for sunset.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Blue Nile Falls, Amhara , Region Ethiopia
The Blue Nile Falls is a waterfall on the Blue Nile river in Ethiopia. It is known as Tis Abay in Amharic, meaning “smoking water”. It is situated on the upper course of the river, about 30 km downstream from the town of Bahir Dar and Lake Tana.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from anywhere in Bahir DarAirports
- Bahar Dar Airport, Bahir Dar Ethiopia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.