Full-Day Tour of Carthage, Sidi Bou Said and Bardo Museum from Tunis
Take in the highlights of Tunis on a full-day tour that includes Carthage and Sidi Bou Said. Explore the ancient ruins of Carthage, walk around the cliffside town of Sidi Bou Said, and visit the renowned Bardo Museum and Tunis Medina. Includes informative guide, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- After morning pickup at your Tunis hotel, travel in an air-conditioned minivan about 25 minutes to reach Carthage.
Founded by the Phoenicians in 814 BC, the earliest settlements of Punic Carthage can still be seen on Byrsa Hill, just below the renowned Carthage National Museum. Although destroyed by the Romans in 146 BC, recent excavation has revealed the foundations of five-story Punic homes, each with its own cistern and drainage system.
The most remarkable early ruins are the two basins of the Punic Ports, evidence of the Carthaginian mastery of the sea. Another important site of pre-roman Carthage is the Tophet, a burial ground and a sanctuary of the Punic deities Tanit and Baal.
Just 10 minutes drive from Carthage, visit the picturesque village of Sidi Bou Said, which overlooks the Mediterranean. Take a leisurely stroll through winding cobblestone streets lined with homes with white walls, sky blue doors, and ornate window grids, then browse the boutiques or relax at a cliffside Moorish café.
Have lunch at a local restaurant, then return to Tunis to visit the Bardo Museum, which is housed in a former palace. The renowned museum holds an extensive collection that includes superb Roman mosaics, early Islamic ceramics, and rare Phoenician artifacts.
Next up, explore the Tunis Medina, one of the best preserved Islamic cities in the world. Walk through the narrow streets, viewing the architecture of residential quarters and vibrant souks. You’ll also see the great Mosque of Djamaa-ez-Zitouna, the Souk Echaouchia (traditional cap makers market) and Souk El Attarine (perfume market).
Your tour ends in the late afternoon with hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Your Tunis accommodation
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.