Full-Day Tour of Moray Salinas de Maras and The Sacred Valley from Cusco
We have combined the most popular tours that are commonly visited on separate days and rolled them into one day tours for people who are short on time. The places visited on this tour are: Chincheros, Moray, Salinas de Maras, Ollantaytambo, Urubamba and Pisaq Ruins.
To visit all the places mentioned, you will need to buy a partial tourist ticket (boleto turistico) that will cost 70 soles per person. Also know that the Salina de Maras is not included in the Boleto Turistico. Entrance to Salina of Maras is an extra 10 Soles. We have departures available everyday from 7am to 6pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Partial tourist ticket (boleto turístico) (70 soles per person)
- We will pick up you from your hotel in Cusco at 7am and travel for one hour by private van to Chincheros, a small village with beautiful views of the Sacred Valley. In this charming village, you will see adobe homes, narrow cobbled streets, and people in traditional Peruvian dress. Here, the villagers still practice many Incan traditions and crafts. If you wish, you will see a demonstration of how wool is washed and dyed using native plants and minerals.
We will then continue our journey to Moray in order to see the fascinating site used by the Incas for agricultural experiments and cultivating seeds. There, you will learn how they cleverly designed a drainage system at the bottom of the terraces in order to avoid flooding during the rainy season.
After the tour of Moray, you will take a 20 minute bus ride to the salt mines of Maras. At this amazing site, you can see the pans fed by saline spring water that were built on steep terraces along one side of a narrow valley. The water is sent throughout the pans by a network of channels where the water slowly evaporates leaving the salt behind. Salt has been collected from Maras since Pre-Incan times and it is thought that a collective of salt ‘miners’ has maintained the terraces and channels for hundreds of years.
We will continue our scenic journey to the amazing town of Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is a classic Incan city which conserved the traditional Incan urban construction of narrow streets adjacent to flowing streams. As you walk through the stone streets, the gentle sound of flowing water will make make it easy for you to imagine the city as it was in the time of the Incas. In the upper part of the town, there is an impressive ceremonial center that was used for water worship and also a mighty fortress that protected the access point to the lower part of the valley. We will follow the beautiful route to Urubamba, the heart of the Sacred Valley, where we will stop for a buffet lunch.
After lunch, we will take you to the small village of Pisaq, where you can enjoy its lively artisan market and have some free time to interact with the townsfolk and to shop for handicrafts and souvenirs. Finally, you will be taken to explore the Pisaq Ruins before you return to Cusco at about 6:00- 7:00pm.
Departure Point :Cusco hotels
Departure Time :We have departures available everyday from 7:00am to 6:00pm
Return Detail :Original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wear comfortable clothes. walking shoes are recommended
- We allow children under the age of 5 to be part of the tour at no charge
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called “Boleto Turistico del Cusco,” is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
- You have two options. You can either buy the partial tourist ticket which costs 70 soles and last 2 days. This allows you to visit the places listed in this tour. The other option is the full tourist ticket which costs 130 soles which allows you to visit 16 places and is valid for 10 days you will need this option only if you will stay in Cusco and do any other tour.
- Where can I buy the tickets? The tickets can be bought on the way. Do we need to pay extra to visit Salinas de Maras? Yes, you will need to pay an extra 10 soles to visit Salinas de Maras. How many places will you visit on this tour? You will visit six places. Will I have enough time to visit all these places? Yes, you will have plenty of time to visit each place. You will have a guided tour of at least 40 minutes in each place with an extra ten minutes for your own exploration. Where do we stop for lunch? Not, included in the tour, but we will stop for lunch in Urubamba What time does the tour start and finish? The tour starts at 7 am and finishes at 6 pm However, we can be flexible with the times to suit your preferences.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.