Full-Day Tour of Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou from Marrakech
This full-day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou is ideal for those of you who cannot spare more than one day to get a sneak of Morocco Sahara desert.
Take this round trip of 400 km across the Atlas mountain range, via the Tizi Ntichka pass at an altitude of 2269 meters above sea level. Marvel at the brilliant landscape views dotted with Berber villages.
Visit the legendary fortified Berber village of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou and its sister town of Ouarzazate famous as the Hollywood of Africa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Certified Guide
- Medical BIB
- Gel nettoyant
- Bavette Medical
- Entry/Admission - Taourirt Kasbah
- Entry/Admission - Tizi n Tichka
- Entry/Admission - Musee Theatre Memoire de Ouarzazate
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou, Souss-Massa-Draa Region
Your private full-day tour of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou and Ouarzazate will start early in the morning, at 7 am, with a pickup from your hotel /riad.
Drive east of Marrakech crossing the windy high Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass. Numerous stops will be made along the way to enjoy the views, take photos, stretch your legs, or drink a cup of coffee.
Visit Ait Benhaddou village, where Star Wars were filmed. UNESCO as one of the world’s cultural treasures has classified the fortified village of Ait Benhaddou. It is studded with crenelated towers and its buildings decorated with geometrical motifs and is considered to be one of the most beautiful villages of this kind in Morocco. A program of restoration work is currently underway to encourage the population of the village, which is at present inhabited by just five families.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Taourirt Kasbah, Avenue Mohammed V, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
Continue to Ouarzazate, which marks the beginning of the Sahara desert. Visit Taourirt Kasbah. This former Glaoui residence, situated on the edge of the town, on the road to Morocco Sahara desert, is considered to be one of the most beautiful kasbahs of Morocco. It consists of a maze of luxury apartments, simple clay houses, and crenelated towers, which are lavishly decorated with geometric motifs. Part of the fortified village is open to the public. The Kasbah is located on a hill in the urban center of the city of Ouarzazate. This building occupies a strategic position at the crossroads of ancient caravan passages, at the confluence of two main rivers, the Assif Dadès and Assif Idermi.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tizi n Tichka, Imlil Village, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
The Tizi n'Tichka is a pass at 2,260 meters above sea level located on the road between Marrakech and Ouarzazate. It makes it possible to join the semi-arid regions of the south-east of the High Atlas from the more fertile plains of the edges of the Atlantic.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Musee Theatre Memoire de Ouarzazate, 10 Route Nationale Skoura, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
This museum was created in 2007 on the site of a former film studio created in 1981 by Italian film production companies. This site, spread over 2 ha, is made up of various sets of cult films relating to the history of the Bible.
Located opposite the Kasbah of Taourirte and alongside the Ouarzazate artisanal complex, this museum reflects the municipality's desire to make Ouarzazate the major place in Morocco for film production.
In this perspective, the Cinema Museum retraces the history of cinema in Ouarzazate and the great films shot there.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Souss-Massa-Draa Region
After some time at leisure for a cup of mint tea or coffee, drive back to Marrakech later in the afternoon while crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
Your full-day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou will end late in the afternoon by a drop-off at your hotel or in the city center.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.