Full-Day Tour Otavalo Market, Peguche Workshops, and Cuicocha Lagoon.
Enjoy a day trip to visit the Otavalo market and learn all about the culturally rich indigenous communities. The village is world-famous for its indigenous population, the so-called Otavalo’s, who are famous becuase of their handicrafts or Andean folclor musicians. Admire the Andes scenery, lagoons, culture and the locals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified English speaking guide / driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Guided activities
- Lunch (only in Private Service)
- Entry/Admission - Cuicocha Lake
- Entry/Admission - Cascada de Peguche
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
The Otavalo Market, which makes this market town famous, is undoubtedly one of the most important and spectacular markets in all of Latin America. The Otavalo market is attractive to visitors for both its outstanding shopping and its cultural significance. Local people use market day much the way their ancestors did during Ecuador’s pre-Colombian history. The Otavalo market is a fascinating way to experience traditional Ecuadorian culture and the traditions of the Andes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cuicocha Lake, Laguna Cuicocha Ecuador
It is a 3 km (2 mi) wide caldera and crater lake at the foot of Cotacachi Volcano in the Cordillera Occidental of the Ecuadorian Andes. Its name comes from the Kichwa indigenous language and means "Lago del Cuy" or Guinea Pig Laguna in English. It was given this name due to the guinea pig shape of the largest Island in the middle of the laguna. These animals play a significant part in the everyday life of Ecuadorians
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascada de Peguche, Via a Peguche, Peguche, Otavalo 100451 Ecuador
Located in Peguche community, just 5 minutes northwest of the town of Otavalo. Peguche Waterfall is a beautiful waterfall of 18 m in height, formed by the river of the same name, which starts at Lake San Pablo. The waterfall is one of the most important tourist attractions of Otavalo. Because of its proximity and easy access, several tourists and visitors come to the sector to meet and enjoy a unique landscape.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels pick up/drop off outside of the city have an extra charge
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.