Full Day Tour - Templar Route (Almourol & Tomar)
The day begins with a visit to one of the most emblematic castles in Portugal: Almourol Castle, which is built on an island in the middle of the Tagus River and was part of the defensive line used by the Templars. We will then head towards Tomar, home of the Templar Order of Portugal, where we will take a short walk through its historic center before lunch break.
After lunch, visit the monumental Convent of Christ, considered the ultimate exponent of the Templar presence in Portugal. Finally, be dazzled by the fascinating Pegões Aqueduct, a work designed to supply the Convent with water.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Monuments Admission Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Almourol
- Entry/Admission - Convento de Cristo
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Tomar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Almourol, Praia do Ribatejo 2260 Portugal
Discover one of Portugal's most enigmatic castles, set on an island on the Tagus River.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Convento de Cristo, Igreja do Castelo Templario, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
Visit one of the main symbols of the Order of the Templars, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castelo de Tomar, Colina do Castelo, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
Discover one of the castles belonging to the Order of the Templars.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Aqueduto do Convento de Cristo - Troço Pegões Altos, Aqueduto do Convento de Cristo, Vale dos Pegões, 2305-203 Tomar, Portugal
Discover this amazing masterpiece by traversing the top of the aqueduct.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: Marquês Pombal, 1070-051 Lisbon, Portugal
2: 2750 Cascais, Portugal
3: 2710 Sintra, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in the city of Lisbon, Cascais or Sintra (to be combined with theclient).
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/25/2019 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.