Full day tour to Ancient Corinth and wine tasting in Ancient Nemea
Starting from your place in Athens,we will head west to our first quick stop,the impressive Corinth canal,the border between Attica and Peloponesse.Next up,Ancient Corinth, one of the most important cities of Ancient Greece where we have the chance to walk around the ruins of the Temple of Apollo.Following, we will climb the Acropolis of Corinth,right above the city and we will enjoy the view of the area stretching all the way from the Corinthian gulf to the canal and even beyond to the vineyards of Nemea, which will be our next stop. Visiting one of the most famous domaines in the area will give us the chance to indulge into the little secrets of wine making and of course the opportunity to try some of the best Greek wines. Being in the area where Hercules killed the Nemean lion according to the legend, we couldn't miss Ancient Nemea archeological site and the Temple of Zeus before we take the way back to Athens after a day full of the most authentic Greek experiences.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Wine tasting at Domaine Bairaktaris
- Entry/Admission - Domaine Bairaktaris
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Nemea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
After the intial overwhelming feeling of being 90 meters above water level looking straight down,you will admire this beatiful canal with the narrow steep walls only 26 meters apart and about 6 kilometers long. The ancinets Greeks first thought of it but it wasn't possible with the machinery available at the time, so it wasn't until 1893 that it was finally completed.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Corinth has been a very wealthy city in the ancient times.Blessed by being situated around this very fertile land,growing olive trees,vineyards and much more, the city developed greatly in trading all these products also taking advanatge of its strategical location between Athens and Sparta. In the modern day, the Temple of Apollo dominates the well preserved archeological site thats gives the visitor a complete idea of the ancinet city and its most important parts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acrocorinth, Corinth 200 07, Greece
The dispute between Poseidon and Helios (god of sun) found the later to be the "legendary owner" of this castle overlooking the Corinthian golf. Its unique location made the castle hard to conquer so it played an important role throught the ages of Greek history. Today,big parts of the Venecian built defensive walls are still preserved and the visitor can enjoy the 360 degrees view.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Domaine Bairaktaris, Eleftheriou Venizelou 83, Nemea 20500 Greece
Around the area of ancient Nemea grows the grape variety of "Agiorgitiko" producing some of the best Greek wines. We will have the chance to visit one of the most famous domaines, learn all the secrets of the wine making process and of course try a variety of local wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ancient Nemea, Nemea 205 00 Greece
The legendary site where Hercules fought and killed the Nemean lion, was also the site of one of the four more importants games of Ancient Greece (Olympia,Delphi and Isthmia are the rest). The Temple of Zeus, with its 10 meter high columns is dominating the area, built around 330BC and still standing since then is one of the last doric style temples.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We pick up all travellers from centrally located hotels or apartments
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.