Full Day Tour to Florentino Ameghino Dam from Puerto Madryn
The tour takes along the Route 25, which links the coast with the Chubut mountains. All these miles will take you through the plain landscapes to undulating plateaus until arriving at the Florentino Ameghino. Enjoy the spectacle of nature and be amazed by the emerald green lake which is enclosed by walls, 200 meters high. This serves as a dam and it is much appreciated since it produces electricity for the area. Most of all, you'll be enjoying the magnificent beauty of the nature and landscapes in this area which only exist in a few places in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Petrified Forest Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Casino Punto y Banca S.A., Belgrano 74, U9120 Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Argentina
The tour starts with the pick up from centrical hotels in Puerto Madryn from 8:00am.
Stop At: Florentino Ameghino Dam, Ruta Provincial 25, km 114, Chubut, Argentina, Dique Florentino Ameghino Argentina
travel some kilometers to Florentino Ameghino Dam, a wonderful engineering masterpiece that provides electricity to the whole region. This is a recommended place due to its magic. You will take Route 3, cross Trelew and discover petrified trees. These are ancient trees that had turned into rock.
Las Chapas is the next destination, where a detour finally will led you to the longed-for Florentino Ameghino Dam. You will enjoy an amazing colorful landscape: transparent rivers, green willows, among other things. The rocky walls boast an incredible reddish tone and the Chubut River runs between their huge heights for several kilometers. That is the reason why this site was chosen to construct the dam and give shape to an artificial lake that covers 7,000 hectares. It was named Florentino Ameghino to honor the famous naturalist and discoverer. The reservoir is 255 meters long and was designed by the engineer Antonio Pronsato back in 1943. It was not inaugurated until 1963.
A camping site area invites visitors to spend the night and enjoy some of the attractions offered by the dam: fishing for large specimens of silver-side and trout. The trails around the area are usually crossed by the most autochthonous wildlife seen in Patagonia today: guanacos with their offspring, choiques and Patagonian hares.
At noon, you´ll have a relaxed talk, hearing more about the famous dam wall. After crossing several tunnels, you will reach the top of the concrete wall. You can take the best photographs from the highest point of the reservoir and the village to treasure a memory of your pleasant ride along its streets.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Puerto Madryn, Puerto Madryn, Province of Chubut, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Cruise Passengers are not allowed to take this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.