Full day tour to Karajía and Quiocta cave - Private
During the morning you will be transferred from Chachapoyas to the town of
Cruzpata. From there, you will walk in the direction of the sarcophagi of
Karajía. These sarcophagi are elaborate two-meters high clay sculptures that
rest on the edge of a rocky cliff of limestone, looking towards the abyss.
The visit will last approximately 40 minutes. Then you will visit the Cave
of Quiocta, a 550-meters long cave that was used as a cemetery by pre
Columbian civilizations. Enjoy the surreal underground landscape made up of
stalagmites and stalactites.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Karajia and Quiocta cave.
- Entry/Admission - Sarcofagos de Karajia
- Entry/Admission - The Caverns of Quiocta
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarcofagos de Karajia, Luya, Chachapoyas Peru
The Sarcófagos de Karajía are very representative examples of the Chachapoya funeral tradition. These human-shaped tombs are located on high rocks, at 2,400 meters. These burials were located in places with difficult access, such as caves, cliffs and steep slopes.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Caverns of Quiocta, +51041, LÁMUD 01515, Peru
Quiocta has a depth of 545 meters in the interior of the earth. It is a whimsical natural work that presents numerous spaces filled with stalactites and stalagmites.
Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Chachapoyas downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb) or Gocta lodge. If you stay in them, please contact us days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.