Full day tour to Matera and Grottaglie
Discover the landscape of the Murge, between alleys and stone houses The best way to spend a day in Matera, starting at 9.00AM from Lecce, the first stop is Grottaglie after about 50 minutes of travel, the city of Taranto famous for its its colorful ceramics, the historic center is a pleasant intermediate stop before reaching Matera. The famous city of the Sassi shows itself in all its ancient beauty. Here you will have plenty of time to visit the maze of narrow streets where worship and tradition create a unique atmosphere made up of churches and dwellings carved into the rock, the location of many famous films. Matera is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, European Capital of Culture 2019. At about 6.00PM we return to Lecce. Daily tour with Van 9 seats, comfortable and equipped with air conditioning, conducted by professional drivers, able to convey the passion for the territory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Minivan with expert driver
- Visit the UNESCO Heritage city of Matera
- Visit Grottaglie
What's excluded :
- Tour guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grottaglie, Taranto Italy
The first stop is Grottaglie after about 50 minutes driving from Lecce. The city is famous for its its colorful ceramics and here you'll enjoy some free time to discover the center.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Matera Basilicata Foundation 2019, Via Luigi Lavista, 1, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Matera is the famous city of the Sassi and shows itself in all its ancient beauty. Here you will have plenty of time to visit the maze of narrow streets where worship and tradition create a unique atmosphere made up of churches and dwellings carved into the rock, the location of many famous films.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and Drop off from your Accommodation are included. Please make sure to give us your accommodation's details in order to arrange the service.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour require a minimum of 2 pax
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.