Full-Day Tour to Rainbow Mountain from Cusco
Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca Mountain, is located between the Peruvian Andes, and its location at an altitude of 5000 meters, which makes it a challenge to reach.
On this full-day tour, you will travel to the mountain with your guide and walk through the rugged terrain of Vinicunca. With breakfast, lunch, entrance fees, and transportation from downtown Cuzco, Peru, discover the traditional villages located in the mountains and admire one of the most colorful attractions of Peru.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Professional English/Spanish speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Ausangate
What's excluded :
- Walking poles
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Triunfo 392, Cusco 08002, Peru
We will pick you up from your hotel around 4:30am – 5:30am and head south through the town of Urco to the Checacupe District (2 hours by bus) and then follow the path to Pitumarca where we’ll have breakfast.
Then we continue along the road through small villages until we arrive to the community of Hanchipata – Quesiuno (1 hour and 20 minutes by bus), the ideal starting point to walk the route.
We will see incredible mountains such as Ausangate, beautiful blue lagoons, and many other natural sites.
The walk to Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) will last approximately 3 hours. At this peak we will savour the view for about an hour taking photos of the beautiful scenery before descending the path and returning to our bus.
We will go back to Pitumarca to have lunch and then we’ll be on our way to Cusco.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ausangate, Calle los Olivos - Santa Rosa T1-2 - Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
View of the beautiful Ausangate snow-capped mountain, which has a height of 6384 masl.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Plaza Kusipata, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.