Full-Day tour to Rila Monastery and National History Museum
This tour wiil take to the one of the symbols of Bulgaria - Rila Monastery and National History Museum.
The monastery is included in the List of World Cultural Heritage of UNESCO and is also a popular tourist destination. Throughout the centuries Rila Monastery has always been the spiritual, educational and cultural centre of Bulgaria.
The National History Museum is one of the largest and richest history museums on the Balkan Peninsula. Representing the history of the present Bulgarian lands from the period 8,000 years ago to the present day.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Admission to Rila Monastery
- Admission to National Museum of History
- Entry/Admission - Rila Monastery
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of History
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
Visit the Rila Monastery, where you will learn a lot about the history of Bulgaria during the Bulgarian Revival Period (18th – 19th centuries). During that time Rila Monastery set up approximately 50 metochions in the large Bulgarian towns and villages where some of the most well-educated Rila monks performed their religious rites, established schools, and brought pilgrims to the monastery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Museum of History, ul.Vitoshko lale 16, Sofia 1618 Bulgaria
Enjoyable afternoon at the National History Museum, one of the largest and richest history museums on the Balkan Peninsula-The museum is at the former primary residence of the dictator and last communist leader Todor Zhivkov at Boyana, and currently contains over 700,000 objects connected to archaeology, fine arts, history and ethnography.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.