Full Day Tour to Samaria Gorge
Enjoy this excursion to the prized national forest of Crete, the Samaria Gorge - the longest and most beautiful gorge in Europe.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the Gorge (5 euro)
- Boat tickets from Aghia Roumeli to Chora Skafion (11 euro)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samaria Gorge National Park, Old National Road Chanion-Kissamou Lefka Ori, Sfakia, Crete 730 05 Greece
Walk through the gorge, approximately 11 miles (18 kilometers) which begins at the plateau of Omalos.
Cross through the White Mountains and finish at the tiny village of Aghia Roumeli on the Libyan Sea. The route is enriched with flowers, herbs and trees, little fountains, abandoned settlements and wild goats known as Kri-Kri, as well as birds of prey.
From the secluded village of Aghia Roumeli, take the boat to the village of Chora Sfakion to meet the coach for return trip to Heraklion.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete
2: Crete, Crete
Departure Time :Approximate pickup time:
- from Bali and Georgioupolis 6am
- from Agia Pelagia and Fodele 6:30am
- from Ammoudara and Malia 5am
- from Sissi and Milatos 4:30am
- from Agios Nikolaos and Elounda 4am
- from Chania 6am
- from Heraklion 6am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The itinerary is subject to favorable weather conditions or low number of participants on the day of the tour
- Bringing good walking shoes and sunblock is highly recommended
- Bringing your own food is recommended as there is no food available inside the National Park
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.