Full-Day Trip to Meteora from Thessaloniki
There are few landscapes that excite the travelers as much as a visit to the enchanting Meteora.
The gigantic rocks with the breathtaking volume and height, as they sharply arise in the edge of a big flatland, interrupt the smooth landscape like they were unreal, form part of an impressive geological phenomenon that you can’t miss the chance to observe closely. Moreover, the human intervention in this eerie scenery is astonishing: Monasteries built in the highest point of the rocks, seem to hover between earth and sky, between human and divine element. In 1989, Meteora was added in the list of the World Heritage of UNESCO.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport to and from Meteora
- English speaking excursion attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
What's excluded :
- The visiting ticket to each monastery, which costs 3 euros per monastery for all visitors except those of Greek nationality and is paid directly at the entrance.
- The tour of the Meteora monasteries.
- The cost of the lunch at the restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
See 2 of the 6 holy monasteries of Meteora
Get panoramic views of the buildings perched on near-vertical rocks
Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch in Kastraki
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: White Tower of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 546 21, Greece
2: Makedonia Palace Hotel, Leof. Meg. Alexandrou 2, Thessaloniki 546 40, Greece
3: Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos, Egnatia 78, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
4: Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki, Monastiriou 16, Thessaloniki 546 29, Greece
5: The Met Hotel, 26is Oktovriou 48, Thessaloniki 546 27, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our trip attendant shall wear a clothing with the AMMON Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily.
- You should be at the departure points 5’ before the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- The monasteries have strict dress rules prohibiting entry to male visitors wearing shorts and women visitors with sleeveless sweatshirts.
- The approach to the monasteries is achieved through stairs and requires comfortable footwear.
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion to Meteora will remain unforgettable to all participants.
- We wish you a nice excursion and a lot of fun!
- Share pictures and comments about your experience in the excursion.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.