Full Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna with Salzkammergut lakes and Melk visit
Explore Salzburg, birth place of Mozart, with full day trip from Vienna. You will visit Salzburg’s most famous sights such as Old Town, and of course, famous locations from the classic “The Sound of Music” musical. Accompanied by a local guide, discover stories and legends about Salzburg. Available as Coach and Small group tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation with air-conditioned vehicle (coach, car or vehicle)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional and knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Return to your hotel/accommodation in Vienna
- Visit to the famous city of Melk
- Stop at Mondsee for a perfect foto opportunity
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vienna, Vienna
Your tour will start with an early pickup in central Vienna once you meet your driver/guide. After, you will travel to Melk through the UNESCO-listed Wachau valley while your driver helps you learn about this popular, touristic area.
Stop At: Melk, Melk, Lower Austria
Your first stop will be the famous city of Melk. Take this time to have breakfast, explore the city or simply relax from your trip. While the abbey overlooking the city is Melk's most popular attraction, the city itself has much to offer.
Follow the Wiener Straße for a short while to the charming main square, the Rathausplatz which contains the Old Town core.
Your tour will continue through the UNESCO-listed Salzkammergut region after the short stop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Mondsee, Mondsee, Upper Austria
The tour progresses through the Salzkammergut region whose lakes and mountains had an important role in the movie ‘The Sound of Music’. Enjoy the views of the majestic lakes as you pass by on your way to Salzburg.
The Salzburg arrival is planned around noon.
Stop At: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
Take up to 4 hours to enjoy the city of Salzburg. Tour around the UNESCO-protected heritage- Old Town. Along the way, you will see the famous landmarks, such as the Cathedral, Mozarteum, and St Peter's Cemetery. Visit the house of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart before you go up to the imposing fortress Hohensalzburg looming over the city. The Mirabell Palace and its gardens will offer the backdrop experience of the famous ‘Do Re Mi’scene from The Sound of Music.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mondsee, Mondsee, Upper Austria
The final stop on your tour, before returning to Vienna, will be the Mondsee lake. Take in the scenery of the picturesque lake and feel free to use this time for an ideal photo-opportunity.
After, relax on your way back to Vienna through the Salzkammergut region and Wachau valley.
Upon arrival to Vienna in the evening, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. The minimum number of passengers to run the Small group tour is 2 pax and Coach tour is 5 pax.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.