Full Day Trip to the Rainbow Mountains
This is a journey through a forgotten land of wild Andean landscapes, where you will discover snow-covered mountains, herds of alpacas and llamas, amazing views of the Andean valley as well as some small typical Andean towns which are wide spread along the road.
Hidden deep in the Andes, you will finally find the beautiful rainbow mountains, named after the local people’s poncho colors.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tourist transportation
- Breakfast and Lunch buffet
- Fluent English/ Spanish and Quechua speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Insurance of any kind
- Your adventure starts in Cusco where we pick you up from your hotel at 03:00 am. We start our 3 hour bus ride in our private tourist van in direction to the famous Ausangate Mountain (holy mountain Apu) until the town of Quesiuno. Here, we will have a nutritive breakfast and afterwards get ready to hike the ascending road through the Andean desert Puna. During the walk, you will be able to observe the Andean Camels from a very close distance. After approx. 4 hours (depending on fitness level) you will reach the main destination: the Rainbow Mountain (Quechua: Vinicunca), also known as the 7-coloured mountain.
This view will definitely take your breath away! The large, bride colorful landscapes and on the other side the sacred mountain Ausangate with its impressive snowcapped picks.
After enjoying this great experience, we will descend the same path for approx. 2 hours back to the starting point, where you will have lunch. Then we take the bus back to Cusco, arriving there around 07:00 pm.
Departure Point :your hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :3 am
Return Detail :your hotel in Cusco
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you to bring:
- Passport (copy or photo)
- A personal light backpack
- Hiking shoes
- Raincoat or rain poncho
- Thick jacket
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sun block
- Extra T-shirt
- Personal medication
- Toilet paper
- Energy bars
- Camera with charger and extra batteries
- Extra money (Soles)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.