Full Day Trip to Vergina and Pella from Thessaloniki
Excursion back in history to the Macedonian Kingdom of Alexander the Great and Philip II.
The archaeological treasures of the glorious Macedonian Kingdom of Alexander the Great and his father, Philip II, as detailed by Herodotus, invite you to a unique trip to meet them closely, bringing up in light a piece of the lost prestige of the Ancient Macedonian capital of Aigai.
The excursion travels you back to three fundamental periods of the Greek History: the Ancient Greek, the Byzantine and the Modern one. Ancient spirit, tradition and devoutness are revealed against the backdrop of the natural beauty and the view of the Macedonian plain that travels the eye till the end of the horizon. A road trip to the land of ALEXANDER THE GREAT.
Don’t miss this experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation to and from the Museum of Vergina and Pella.
- English-speaking trip attendant.
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
What's excluded :
- The entrance fee to the Museum of Vergina (General entrance fee: 12€) and to the Museum and the archaeological site of Pella (General entrance fee: 8
- The cost of the lunch at the restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Pella
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Pella, Pella 58005 Greece
We reach Pella, where we visit the new, modern museum, as well as the Archaeological site with the unique mosaics.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina), Imathia, Vergina 590 31 Greece
We arrive in Vergina and we visit the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai, which is situated in the borders of the village.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: White Tower of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 546 21, Greece
2: Makedonia Palace Hotel, Leof. Meg. Alexandrou 2, Thessaloniki 546 40, Greece
3: Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos, Egnatia 78, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
4: Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki, Monastiriou 16, Thessaloniki 546 29, Greece
5: The Met Hotel, 26is Oktovriou 48, Thessaloniki 546 27, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our trip attendant shall wear clothing with the AMMON Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily.
- You should be at the departure points exactly at the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- Free entry to the Museum of Vergina is available to the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU countries by showing their student ID, and to young people up to the age of 19 by showing their ID card
- Reduced entry to the Museum of Vergina (€ 6) is available to all citizens of the EU aged over 65, by showing their ID card or passport, as well as students from countries outside the EU.
- Free entry to the Museum of Pella is available to the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU countries by showing their student ID, and to young people up to the age of 18 by showing their ID card.
- We wish you a pleasant excursion and have fun!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.