Full-Day Varaždin and Trakošćan Castle Tour from Zagreb
While being driven through the area of northern Croatia, amongst hills planted with vine, you will travel through the country's medieval history. The aim of this excursion is to explore mysteries and beauty of the most known and best preserved Croatian castle and the old city of Varaždin. Perfect 9-hour trip for all lovers of romance and history and those who are curious of natural, cultural and architectural treasures of continental region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Entrance to Trakošćan castle
- Entry/Admission - Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - City of Varazdin
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan), Trakoscan 42254 Croatia
When it comes to Trakošćan, all the romanticized stereotypes about castles are true: constructed above the lake and surrounded by thick forest, this castle stands in mystery and waits for you to discover all its stories. There is a museum on four floors, with a permanent exhibition which contains historical items and tells a story of his owner, a count who spared no expense - to the point of bankruptcy - to rebuilt a castle with neo-gothic elements, and created an artificial lake, a wooded park and romantic gardens. As you could already conclude, this is a must-see for all the lovers of history and everyone passionate about myths and legends!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: City of Varazdin, Trg kralja Tomislava 1, 42000, Varaždin, Croatia
Varaždin, a city throw back in time,is also known as the ''city of baroque'' and former capital of Croatia. You will visit the most important monument in Varaždin – the Old Town, which hosts the Varaždin City Museum since 1925 and is UNESCO protected site. Afterwards, you can decide weather you want to relax and take a walk through the picturesque city streets or to visit the famous city cemetery and admire garden architecture. Whatever you choose, this gorgeous place and its warm, welcoming citizens will charm you and make you want to visit again.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.