Full Day Visit Pink City Jaipur
Jaipur is a bustling capital city and a business centre with all the trappings of a modern metropolis but yet flavoured strongly with an age-old charm that never fails to surprise a traveller. Jaipur is often called the Pink City in reference to its distinctly coloured buildings, which were originally painted this color to imitate the red sandstone architecture of Mughal cities. The present earthy red color originates from repainting of the buildings undertaken for a visit by the Prince of Wales in 1876. Stunning backdrop of ancient forts are apt testimonials of the bygone era and a reminder of their lingering romance and chivalry.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Jeep Ride to ascend and to descend the fort
What's excluded :
- Items not mentioned in inclusions
- Start your tour with a visit to the massive & most impressive Fort of Rajathan, The Amber Fort. The Fort set in picturesque and rugged hills is a fascinating blend of Hindu and Mughal architecture. The rugged forbidding exterior belies an inner paradise with a beautiful fusion of art and architecture. Amber is the classic and romantic fort-palace with a magnificent aura. The interior wall of the palace depicts expressive painting scenes with carvings, precious stones and mirror settings. In the foreground is the Maota Lake providing a breathtaking vista. Here enjoy jeep ride to reach to the top of the fort. After the visit of Amber Fort, drive down to the city to visit the important monuments. Stop at “Hawa Mahal” (Palace of Wind) for a photo. Hawa Mahal was built for the ladies of the royal household to watch everyday life and processions in the city from their veiled comfort. Continue you visit to other monuments, The Observatory & The City Palace. Visit The Observatory, this UNESCO world heritage site is the largest of five astronomical observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh from 1727 to 1734 in north India. The observatory consists of many geometric devices for measuring time, predicting eclipses, tracking stars in their orbits, ascertaining the declinations of planets and determining the celestial altitudes. Also visit City Palace; it is an architectural marvel that presents a perfect blend of Rajasthani and Mughal art and architecture. After the visit of important monuments of the pink visit, it’s time to visit the colourful bazaars displaying precious stones, gem cutting, brass-ware and Rajasthani cotton printing. Also enjoy Rickshaw Ride through the bazaar.
Departure Point :Your Jaipur city centre hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your pick up location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.