Full-Day Vitosha Mountain Winter Hiking Tour with Snowshoes from Sofia
Vitosha Mountain is one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria and the best option to enjoy the wild Bulgarian nature, if you are a guest of Sofia city. The mountain is especially charming during the winter season and If you are around, this tour gives you a great opportunity to admire the snow-capped landscapes! On this full-day, guided, snowshoeing trip you will visit the Aleko mountain resort – a favorite place for the people from Sofia, you will climb the highest peak of the mountain – the famous Cherni Vrah Peak (the Black Peak) and enjoy a fantastic panoramic views of Sofia city and the Balkan Mountains from almost 2300m/6900ft. above sea. The tour includes a free pair of snowshoes and trekking pols.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or address in Sofia
- All transportation and parking costs
- English-speaking licensed mountain guide
- Snowshoes and trekking polеs
- VAT and all local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Other personal expenses
- Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your hotel or address in Sofia for a wonderful journey to the snow-capped Vitosha Mountain! Approximately one-hour beautiful drive will take you to the Aleko resort, situated at 1840 m.a.s.l. From Aleko starts your winter fairytale - the walk towards the highest peak of Vitosha Mountain - Cherni Vrah Peak (the Black Peak) 2290 m.a.s.l. In case of deep snow your guide will help you with the snowshoe’s adjustment and give you a detail explanation how to use them. The hike in to the magical winter mountain starts gently uphill and very soon you will find yourself above the tree line, enjoying the fantastic panorama around you.
You will reach the top in about 2 hours and on the summit you will find the best views that the mountain has to offer. On the top you will have a break for a cup of warm herbal tea and a snack, before heading back towards Aleko resort. At the end of the walk return to your car and relax on the way back to your place in Sofia.
Walking Time: Approx. 4 hrs.
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Medium
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel or address in Sofia city
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a hiking tour suitable for beginners and intermediate hikers ,but requires good physical condition (3-4 hrs. walking)
- Recommended equipment: Comfortable winter boots (waterproof winter boots), warm winter jacket (water and windproof if possible), warm winter gloves and hat, comfortable backpack
- Don’t forget your camera
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.