Full-Day Wave Rock & Historic York
Discover the wonders of our historical townships including
York, drive through the spectacular Darling mountain Ranges & huge Aussie farmlands and marvel at the famous
Wave Rock – a geological sensation believed to be over 2.63 billion years old.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Fresh Lunch Included
- Driver / Guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected CBD hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- • After your complimentary city accommodation pick up journey east and a historical wonderland awaits, through the townships of historical Guildford, Midland, and the picturesque regions of Mundaring and Sawyers Valley, soaking up spectacular views of the Darling mountain Ranges along the way on your drive to York
• Arrive in the historic Town of York, characterized by dainty cottages and colorful rose gardens and enjoy a walk along the majestic Avon River and the famous swinging bridge.
• Drive past the large farms and huge machinery used in this wheat belt area, for which our country is so famous for.
• Visit the wheat belt town of Corrigin with its unique Dog Cemetery, dedicated to man’s best friend. Dogs play a vital and important role with farmers in the rural regions of Australia.
• Arrive in Hyden to marvel at the iconic Wave Rock, a huge granite block resembling the shape of an Ocean wave – in the middle of the desert which has colorful etchings believed to be 2.63 billion years old. The Wave rock according to geologists was at one time under the ocean and over centuries the receding waters left marks on the rock, which can be seen even today. Please note presently the closest ocean waters are almost 250 km’s away at the closest point.
• Enjoy a light lunch in Hyden and an Eco-Walk up the Wave Rock to soak up the natural landscape and the wonderment of the surrounding countryside area.
• Explore Hippo’s Yawn Cave – a rock resembling a yawning African hippopotamus, that stands at over 12 meters tall.
• Pass through picturesque fruit orchards on the leisurely journey back to Perth.
• Enjoy the seasonal wildflowers of the area, in season from mid-July to October.
• After a wonderful day out travel back to Perth through fruit orchards & other local towns. This tour concludes either at your accommodation or you can choose to be dropped off at another location within Perth CBD.
For urgent bookings during the weekend or within 24 hours, call us on +61 08 9221 2400.
Departure Point :Aussie Perth Tours, 64/269 Hay St, East Perth WA 6004, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer complimentary pickup and drop off at any Hotel/Backpackers within the Perth CBD/Northbridge area, or from our office
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour is not recommended for people with walking disabilities or requiring a wheelchair
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.