Full-Day West MacDonnell Ranges Tour from Alice Springs
Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges on a day trip from Alice Springs
Marvel at the majestic Ormiston Gorge on a hike and relax at Ormiston Waterhole
Visit the Ochre Pits and swim at the picturesque Ellery Creek Big Hole
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transport in air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ormiston Gorge, Namatjira Drive, West MacDonnell National Park, Northern Territory Australia
Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges on a day trip from Alice Springs. Marvel at Ormiston Gorge, hike the Ghost Gum Walk, visit the Ochre pits, enjoy a BBQ lunch and take a dip at Ellery Creek Big Hole.
Your adventure begins at 6:00 AM when you depart Alice Springs and travel towards the mighty West MacDonnell Ranges. The first stop is the spectacular Ormiston Gorge where you might spot lizards and can take a swim in the rock holes. Hike the Ghost Gum Walk, a 1.5-hour loop that takes in majestic views of the Gorge, before following the trail as it descends close to the gorge and along the rocky floor to Ormiston Waterhole.
Enjoy a BBQ lunch at Ormiston Gorge before heading on to the Ochre Pits. The Ochre Pits are a sacred site offering a unique experience to view the Ochre deposit. Your last stop of the day is Ellery Creek Big Hole. Enjoy a dip in one of the most picturesque swimming and walking spots in the West MacDonnell Ranges. Travel back to Alice Springs late in the afternoon, arriving around 17.30 PM.
Departure Point :Red Hot Arts Central Australia, 67 Bath St, Alice Springs NT 0870, Australia
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.