Full-Day Yangon Local City Sightseeing Tour and Circular Train Ride
Full day explore and sightsee local and city of Yangon. Discover the colorful former capital city of Myanmar with a close looks at the local life of this historical city: Sule pagoda in the middle of the city, the Mahabandoola Park, the colonial courthouse and the city hall. Explore Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda and its revered reclining Buddha. Round trip transport aboard the circular train, explore Myanmar Traditional Art Pantin (the art of bronze casting) and visit Bogyoke Aung San Market.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel/Airport/"outside port" Cruise Terminal pickup and drop-off in Yangon.
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Professional English speaking guides (Other languish speaking guides are available with surcharge upon request)
- 1 bottle drinking water and refreshing towel for each day
- Bottled water
- Zone and Admission fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified although eating arrangements will be made by your tour guide
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.
- Gratuites (optional)
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (contact us for further information)
- "Inside port" Cruise terminal pick-up fees (US$20 per person)
- Our driver and professional English speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel around 8am in Yangon city and head to our first stop – Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda to see a huge reclining Buddha image and also the most well-known Buddhist temple in Bahan Township. The reclining Buddha is amazing and there are fantastic vantage points throughout the building that allow unique perspectives on the shapes and colors of his pigmentation and other qualities. Continue to discover the colorful former capital city of Myanmar with a close looks at the local life of this historical city. This tour takes to the Sule pagoda in the middle of the city, the Mahabandoola Park, the colonial courthouse and the city hall. Learn about the parks, religious temples and unique buildings as you travel through this diverse urban landscape. Taste delicious Burmese food and tea at downtown Yangon (own expense). Enjoy the circular local train at the Yangon’s Central Rail Station, where you’ll travel about an hour on this local railway that was once used by locals and vendors. Observe and learn a clear overview of the city and daily life of local people. Near Kyimyinttine station, visit the workshop of Myanmar traditional art of "Pantin" which is an enterprise producing materials of copper. bronze or brass. The artisans make triangular brass gong. gong. and brass bowl for monk. weights in the shape of brainy ducks. tray. copper pot. cup bowl. cymbal. bell jingle bell and small brass gong. And then return back to Central Rail Station by the circular train. Last stop, we will visit Bogyoke Aung San Market and give opportunity to do some shopping (formerly Scott’s market, closes on Monday and public holidays) with hundreds of food, clothes, handicrafts, and gems stores. After the tour, we will drive back to your hotel/airport/port safely.
Departure Point :Tour starts in: Yangon (Myanmar)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour complete in: Yangon (Myanmar)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please bring comfortable walking shoes. Sandals and flip-flops are recommended.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please note that dress codes are conservative for this tour; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. Sandals and flip-flops are recommended
- Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or call at 1-604-603-1966 or 95-9-5168165 should you have any questions.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- For Cruise pick-up and drop-off, our driver and English-speaking guide will welcome you by holding a signage including your name outside of Cruise Terminal compound at Thilawa Port in Myanmar. Please take one of the shuttle buses to go out the cruise terminal compound. If you would like us to pick you up inside the cruise Terminal compound, please let us know full names, Nationality, passport numbers of all guests. We need to apply permission in advance. It is required to pay USD 20 per person to Myanmar Port authority as indicated in the exclusions of the itinerary.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.