Full-Day Zambezi River Canoeing Experience with Pickup
Victoria Falls canoeing above the Falls on the upper Zambezi is the perfect activity for those who not only want to see the abundant bird and animal life but also want to experience the peace, tranquillity, and beauty of the Zambezi River. The river is a kilometer wide and in places a bit more. It has an indescribable beauty with crystal clear waters and a myriad of islands. The trip starts with pickup from your hotel or lodge at around 7 am and an early morning game drive through the Zambezi National Park. At the put-in point, a continental breakfast is served while your canoe guide gives you a safety briefing, instructions, and information on the condition of the river and what to expect.
Cameras and videos can be taken on the trip with the guides keeping them safe in a waterproof bag in the wetter sections.
On these canoe trips, guests paddle their own canoes/kayaks following their experienced canoe guide. You don't have to be a canoeing expert and a life-jacket will be provided.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Rafts and the Paddles
What's excluded :
- $15 Park Fees as per the government regulation
Enjoy cruising down the bewitching Zambezi River in a canoe, spotting a variety of birds and wildlife while passing picturesque islands - this is what a canoeing safari on the Zambezi is all about.
One of the must-do activities when on holiday in Zimbabwe is taking a canoe safari. It is said that the mighty Zambezi River gets in your blood and draws people back again and again. A canoe safari is a leisurely way to experience the river for those who do not want to take on the rapids during a white water rafting trip.
These excursions allow visitors to see the gentler side of the river and enjoy fantastic game viewing. The Zambezi River is generally referred to in two sections as the Upper Zambezi and the Lower Zambezi, broken by the vast Victoria Falls and Lake Kariba. Visitors can choose to do a canoeing safari either above or below the Victoria Falls. Each experience has its own unique charms, as the vegetation and wildlife experience is different.
• Zambezi National Park, Zambezi National Park, Matabeleland North Province
• Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Livingstone Zambia
Departure Point :Shearwater Cafe, Shop 1 Centre, corner of Livingstone Way and Parkway Drive, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Traveler pickup is offered
Clients can put their pick up locations as long as they are within 5km radius
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.