Fun Filled Experience of Irish Country Life & Culture at Causey Farm
Causey farm is a gem of old-fashioned Irish hospitality. The Murtagh family have been farming here for three generations and love to share their heritage, food, farm traditions and even sport with visitors. The 350 acre rolling farm is home to pasture fed sheep and cattle.
Highlights of a visit to Causey Farm include:
Laughter - The laughter and atmosphere in the ceili barn
Food - Home Cooked Food - Smell and taste your own bread fresh from the oven
Animals – Milk a cow, see the farm animals, cuddle a lamb or even a sheepdog puppy
Craic - Hands on interactive fun activities with engaging guides
Rural Landscape - Trails through fertile grasslands
Sheepdogs – Clever dogs doing what they were born to do
Sport – Hands on hurling workshop, one of our national gaelic games
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Traditional Homemade Picnic lunch with dessert included
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Everyone will make delicious Irish soda bread,using our family recipe. Next, we will make our way through the farmyard to the 200-year-old stone“session shed” for a traditional music workshop. Visitors learn to play the Irish drum (the bodhrán,pronounced bow-rawn) to our ancient rhythms. We will have time to learn one of Ireland’s favourite céilí dances- guaranteed to get everyone smiling!
Meet all the animals-sheep, hens, geese, pigs, ponies, goats, donkeys, cattle and, of course, Matt the farmer's constant companions, the sheepdogs. The ponies are native Irish Connemara ponies, from the west of Ireland. Everyone can take a helmet and a "hurley stick" and learn some hurling skills. Hurling is one of Ireland's national sports and the fastest field game in the world, but we will learn at a pace that will suit our visitors!
Finish off the tour with a delicious picnic lunch including fresh meat and salads, selection of cheeses and chutneys from our farm kitchen. Fresh fruit,homemade scones with raspberry jam and freshly whipped cream, and plenty of tea and coffee.
• Traditional Picnic Lunch - The picnic basket is piled high with cheeses,salads, meats and chutneys from our farm kitchen.
Departure Point :Causey Farm, Girley, Fordstown, Co. Meath, C15 P83R, Ireland
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.