Funky Food & Beer Walk of Reykjavik
This tour is a unique blend of a guided history tour through Reykjavík with an introduction into traditional local cuisine and locally brewed craft beers. We make 5 foodie stops to taste at least 8 local Icelandic dishes and 5 locally brewed craft beers.
Among the funky delicacies you will get to try are the fermented shark, the dried fish, the heart-warming lamb soup, the famous hot dog and more. You will learn about what kind of foods have been the staple of Icelandic cuisine, how Icelanders have preserved foods through the ages, and learn about some food-related traditions. Food lovers unite and kill three birds with one stone: Join us on a guided Reykjavik walking tour, taste some of the most traditional Icelandic foods, and taste some of the funkiest craft beers!
This is a small group experience, with no more than 8 people per tour, because we want you to be able to shoot at us any and all questions you might possibly have and truly connect with you.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Snacks - Tasting of 9 local foods
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting of 5 locally brewed beers
- Entry/Admission - Hallgrimskirkja
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hallgrimskirkja, Hallgrimstorgi 1, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
We visit this most famous Reykjavík landmark and take a trip up the bell tower.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Einar Jonsson Museum (Listasafn Einars Jonssonar), Eiriksgata, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Einar Jónsson's Sculpture Garden
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Reykjavik City Hall, Tjarnargata, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
The Reykjavik City Hall
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Parliament House (Althingishus), Austurvollur Sq., Reykjavik Iceland
Alþingi Parliament House
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Skólavörðustígur 46, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :1: Icelandic Craft Bar, Lækjargata 6a, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Session Craft Bar, Bankastræti 14 2nd floor, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.