Galapagos By Land And Sea 4d-3n
Located in the Pacific Ocean some 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador, this archipelago and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique “living museum” and showcase of evolution. This “living laboratory” of evolution inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of natural selection, and continues to offer a unique opportunity to explore a pristine natural ecosystem.
A compilation of activities will give you a broad perspective of the Galapagos' natural history. Embark on different journeys everyday and discover the beauty of 3 Islands of this unique archipelago. Snorkel with sea lions, sharks, rays, sea turtles and hundreds of colorful fish species; hike through some of the most dramatic volcanic landscapes; relax on some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer in and out in Galapagos
- Certified, bilingual naturalist guide
- 3 nights accommodation in Tourist, Tourist Superior, or Luxury Hotel depending on your booked tour option.
- Lunch with soft drink (Days 1-2-3)
- All activities described in the tour details
- 2 Navigable tours (Days 2 & 3)
- Snorkeling gear and towels for yacht explorations
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities / Tips (recommended)
- Local Taxes (apply only for Ecuadorians)
- Wet suit rental
- Air transportation (international and domestic) to/from Galapagos
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (USD 100)
- Transit control card fee (USD 20)
- Optional activities with extra cost: kayaking, mountain biking, diving and surfing
- DAY 1: Transfer in at Baltra airport. Private tour through the Highlands of Santa Cruz where you'll visit a Giant Tortoise Reserve, located on the natural path tortoises take every year as they either migrate to higher moist locations during the
garúa season (June-September), or when they descend to the warmer lowlands during the wet season. The Galapagos giant tortoise is the largest living tortoise species, weighing up to 250 kg (550 lb). You'll visit one of the island’s lava tunnels, significant geological formations that take you back in time and allow you to remember how lava flows formed the islands. Lunch in the reserve and transfer to your hotel.
DAYS 2 & 3: Full-day yacht explorations, that include the service of a Galapagos Certified Naturalist Guide and lunch. Depending on the booking date and availability, you'll visit one of the following islands and return to Santa Cruz in the afternoon:
• North Seymour Island was lifted from the ocean floor by a seismic event, and its origins as a seabed give the island its low, flat profile. Cliffs are only a few meters high form the shoreline, where swallow-tailed gulls sit among the ledges and rocks. A tiny forest of silver-grey Palo Santo trees stands just above the landing, usually without leaves, waiting for the rains to burst into bloom. This island is teeming with life!
• Bartolome Island is famous for Pinnacle Rock, a towering spearheaded obelisk that rises from the ocean’s edge and is the best-known landmark in the islands. Galapagos penguins—the only species of penguin found north of the equator—walk precariously along narrow volcanic ledges at its base. Sea lions snooze on rocky platforms, ready to slide into the water to play with passing snorkelers.
• South Plaza Island is a small island full of fascinating wildlife, both along its shore and along its dramatic, wind-swept cliffs: sea lions, land iguanas, swallow-tailed gulls, Opuntia cacti and vegetation that changes colors according to the season. South Plaza is one of Galapagos’ most impressive visiting sites.
• Santa Fe Island offers one of the most beautiful and sheltered coves in the islands. Its turquoise lagoon is protected by a peninsula of tiny islets forming an ideal anchorage. The island lies to the southeast of Santa Cruz within sight of Puerto Ayora. Here you'll have a great opportunity to snorkel together with sea lions.
DAY 4 After breakfast, you'll be transferred to Baltra airport to catch your flight back to the mainland.
Departure Point :The tour start with the transfer-in at Baltra airport in Galapagos
Departure Time :You must send us your flight itinerary so we can coordinate the transfers accordingly.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A small amount of walking is involved along trails with irregular terrain.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Copy of passport of one of the group members is required for billing purposes (local tax exemption)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.