Game Fishing in Muscat
Cast your line and reel in a whopper or two on this private 4-hour deep-sea fishing tour from Muscat. Hop aboard your modern fishing boat and head out into the Gulf of Oman with your guide. With your rod in hand, cast out and try your luck at catching the yellowfin tuna, sailfish and marlin swimming in the depths. Learn of traditional Omani fishing methods and watch the waves for playful dolphins. With your skipper on hand throughout to help, this fishing adventure is suitable for anglers of all levels.
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Fishing Gear
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Marina Bandar Al Rowdha
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marina Bandar Al Rowdha, Marina Bander Al Rowdha, Muscat, Oman
Start your private trip with a pickup from your centrally located Muscat hotel. Relax in your private, air-conditioned vehicle and travel to the departure marina where your modern cruiser awaits.
The Gulf of Oman’s waters are some of the world’s richest for marine life, and as such, hold great allure for anglers. Fish here include prized yellowfin tuna, the smaller species of tuna and sailfish, plus giant trivially, marlin, mahi-mahi and more. So whether you’re a novice or old hand, you can look forward to an exciting expedition.
Listen to a safety briefing, and then enjoy the views as you sail out to sea. While you cruise, get acquainted with the fishing rods, tackle and bait on board, and if you’re a beginner, learn the basics from the helpful skipper. As you prepare, learn about the exhilarating Omani way to fish for yellowfin tuna: with the boat racing ahead of feeding dolphins before live bait is then dropped to attract the deeper-water tuna that follow the dolphins. Look for dolphins as you set about fishing for yellowfin, and drop the live bait ahead of the pods to snare the tuna below them. Other techniques might include trolling for longtail tuna and sailfish, and looking for feeding birds to locate schools of mahi-mahi. As you fish, keep cool with provided mineral water and soda. Your skipper will drop anchor so you can fish for other species, and help will be on hand when you need it, whether it’s for casting off or landing your fish. As you watch and wait, enjoy the included sodas and mineral water and then, when you feel your line snag, relish the thrill of bringing your catch in.
When the time comes, sail back to the marina, hop into your private vehicle and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Marina Bandar Al Rowdha, Marina Bander Al Rowdha, Muscat, Oman
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.