Game of Thrones® Winterfell Trek from Belfast
We are the largest Game of Thrones Tour company in the world. This is our Belfast Winterfell Locations Trek, visiting lots of filming locations south of Belfast. We trek you around the grounds of the castle location for Winterfell in season 1, deep into an old growth forest and into crumbling medieval ruins. We show you VFX breakdowns on tablets to reveal how each scene was brought to life. We have Stark cloaks, swords and banners for everybody as part of the tour at no extra cost. Join our guides, who worked as extras on Game of Thrones® seasons 1-8, for a real Game of Thrones experience.
All entrance fees, ferry rides and other extras are included in your ticket price. The only extra expense is your pub lunch. Lunch will be in a pub that hosts one of the world famous Game of Thrones® Doors. The doors were fashioned from fallen 200 year old beech trees which came from the Dark Hedges.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cloaks, swords & Stark banners
- Live commentary on board
- Driver and Local Guide
- Entrance/Admission - Castle Ward Estate
- Entrance/Admission - Tollymore Forest Park
- Entry/Admission - Strangford Lough
- Entry/Admission - Castle Ward
- Entry/Admission - Tollymore Forest Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Game of Thrones Tours, Jurys Inn Coach Bay Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT1 6DY Northern Ireland
08:30 Depart Jurys Inn hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Strangford Lough, Park Road, off the A25, Strangford Northern Ireland
Ferry from Portaferry to Strangford across the Narrows of Strangford Lough
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Castle Ward, Castleward House Castleward Estate Strangford, Downpatrick BT30 7LS Northern Ireland
Arrive Old Castle Ward, location of Winterfell Castle in season 1. Morning wallking tour (3kms total) of locations including Walder Frey's Twins and Robb Stark's Camp in the Riverlands.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Inch Abbey, Downpatrick BT30 6LZ Northern Ireland
Photo stop with Stark cloaks, swords and banners at the location where Robb became King in the North
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tollymore Forest Park, Bryansford Road, Newcastle BT33 0PW Northern Ireland
Afternoon trek (3kms walk) in the forest where the Night's Watch first encounter the White Walkers and where the Stark's find a dead direwolf and her pups.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Game of Thrones Tours, Jurys Inn Coach Bay Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT1 6DY Northern Ireland
17:30 Drop off all passengers at Jurys Inn hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast.
Departure Point :Jurys Inn Belfast, Great Victoria St, Belfast BT1 6DY, UK
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers except students with valid student identification
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 37 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our guides use voice amplifiers to allow for social distancing. Our cloaks are disinfected after each tour using an MZYKA 400W/250ML atomisation disinfection fogger machine, similar to those used by airline and coach companies. Our swords are wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes after each tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.